chapter three.

your feet stepped on ice that crunched and left your shoe print in it. your lightsaber was in your hand and when you talked, it echoed like a void. the blue was your light through the dark until a red appeared. it was you, but evil.

you were facing your dark side.

"i know i'm a sith, but i will never turn to the dark side." you said, actually talking to yourself. this version of yourself was only wearing black and had a hood on. when they wickedly smiled, their teeth were sharp and pointy.

"the dark side needs you and it's who you are. you can't hide the truth any longer. this is who you are." yourself replied and you needed to murder this part of you. but the replica reacted the exact time you did, lightsabers clashing together, the bright red of your sith being lighting up your face. the blue and red created a sharp purple.

"please stop! i don't want to become evil! i am good!" you pleaded and your replication hissed at you, their teeth showing. "the ache in your heart is it. it's growing inside you and you won't be able to get rid of it once it fully consumes you." the spitting image told you and you were sobbing, hoping it wasn't true.

"i'm good! i've always been good!"

"no, you're a sith. don't be afraid of who you are."

your eyes snapped opened and the bright light nearly blinded you. you groaned and sat up carefully, monitors being connected to you. you saw rey slumped out in the chair, snoring. you threw your pillow at her and she shot up, frightened for a second.

"it happened. i saw my dark self. it's happening, rey." you panicked and she sat down next to you, comforting you. "you know that won't happen. you are good, and always have been. you just have moments where you use your evil, for the greater good. especially when we destroyed the first order." she said and you nodded, wiping away the few specs of tears.

then ben walked in, sighing and lips in a thin line. rey knew that was her cue to leave, but come back soon to check up on what happened.

"do you think we are actually good people?" you asked and he scooted next to you, shrugging. "kylo ren is always going to be a part of me, you know that." he told you and you looked down at your lap, biting your lower lip.

"he may be, but that doesn't mean you're him." you replied and rolled your eyes, lifting your head up and made eye contact with him. he sighed and scoffed, now rolling his eyes.

"what? i'm being honest, and if you think going back to being kylo ren and rebuilding the first order will help take down the ordeal, then do whatever the fuck you want, ben! because i'm not going to stick around for that shit show!" you yelled and he stood up, taking deep breathers to compose his anger.

"you don't understand the strong, painful gut wrenching feeling i felt when they got close! i think they're force sensitive and also, i think they are probably more stronger than us combined, even when we're the dyad in the force! you don't get it, we're fucked!" he yelled back and had his finger pointing in your face. you never were the one to handle being shouted at, and when you were, you wanted to curl up into a ball and started to feel so vulnerable.

"then what the fuck do you want to do, huh? have a second act of war with a dark side that's a poor duplication of the first order? don't waste your time on that!" you shouted and the tension was hot and heavy. he got in closer to your face and you swore his eyes darken. something you haven't seen in a while.

your mind was fighting and you could hear the chaos it was having. you needed to get him back to reality. "we will win if there's a war." you told him, standing and looking up into his eyes, cupping his cheeks.

"how will we win?"

"with the power of love. that's how we're gonna win. not fighting what we hate, but saving what we love."

that wasn't enough to get him back. "you're not kylo ren. you're ben solo and my husband, remember? we killed kylo ren and he's forever hidden in the dark." you said and stroked his cheeks, but he budge or even react. you wanted to smack or punch him, just something that would get ben back.

"follow me." he simply ordered and you nodded, carelessly and without a thought, leaving your hospital room with him. you were making your way to the bedroom and the hatch door opened, letting you step inside first. he went into the spare room, that he forbidden you from going into, unless you were with him or he allowed you. this was your first time going in.

the lights turned on and there was everything you swore he had gotten rid of; darth vader's helmet and ashes, his own mask and lightsaber. the lightsaber that you thought he had gotten rid of forever.

"you're a fucking liar." you spat and chuckled, starting to walk away until he grabbed you by the wrist, pulling you back into him. "face it. we're always going to be part of the dark side." he told you and you swallowed thickly, refusing to look into his eyes.

the heated tension broke when the alarm went off. the emergency alarm. you both ran to outside first, frightened and ready to murder someone. your feet glided and stopped when you saw the ordeal's shuttle landing.

guards and pilots were already prepared, along with rey. madeline and ares made their appearance. "we have came to a deal and recognition." she started off and you scoffed, rolling your eyes. "yeah and what is that, general?" you asked back, crossing your arms over your chest and examined her.

"we can either take you or your husband, and help us rule, or we kill every single person you have on the elysian." she threatened and smiled so bitterly, you wanted to pierce your weapon through her head. ares stood tall and proud, trying to threaten ben with his eyes.

you stood there, in fear. "you can't do that." you said and she shrugged, shaking her head. "yes, we can. we already have all targets on it and ready to blow it up at any moment!" she told you and her smile never left. you couldn't let ben sacrifice himself, or even be there with them. he was the supreme leader and could continue the risen.

"give me a minute please.." you mumbled and she nodded, with you turning back to ben. he was tearing up and you handed him your lightsaber, kissing his cheek. "no, don't do this. forever and always, remember? you're not this dumb. don't leave me." he begged and you tried your best to not cry, hugging him. you handed him the necklace he gave you on your wedding. it had his initials.

"i love you, ben solo. please come save me." you whispered in his ear and let go, smiling. you looked at rey who held ben and was ready to attack. "and ben or rey, if you attack or use any of the force, we will still explode the elysian." ares lastly said and grinned, you trailing behind them and got into the shuttle, not knowing what you have done.