chapter 14 Amaris

The sky started to turn from gray to purples, oranges, pinks and yellows making the morning beautiful. After visiting everything jasmine wanted to show me we headed back to the pack house to eat breakfast.

When we got there she was telling me a joke, I laughed but then I felt eyes burning into my skin. We both looked up and froze.

"Where have you been?" Max asked calmly and my eyes shifted a little but then I made my face harden as to not show fear. "Jasmine came to ask if I wanted a tour of the pack so I gladly expected" I told him and I felt my eyes shifting again looking at my exits.

"That's fine i told Jasmine to show her around i forgot to tell you max sorry about that" alex said sounding calm and I noticed how jasmine stiffened up, when he said that but I thought that it was because of Max's face. I felt power radiate from Alex, it was Alex who she was afraid of at this point.

"Just next time, tell someone" alex told us,jasmine nodded and I followed suit. "Okay so lets eat and then we can take a walk, all of us and I'll show you where everything is" alex told us all.

When all of us finished eating we all left the pack house and out into the surrounding forest away from everyone and all the noises of people. "These trees are older then my great grandfather who gave me this land. He new I would never make it in a real castle. I'm more about being connected to our animals then my brother" alex said.

I felt my fox wag her tail she had taken a liking to him and I now we are mates but I didnt feel the bond yet. I didnt even really smell anything I kinda felt sad not feeling the pull. I guess it'll take a few days for my shift to settle and having a mate to the mix really sounds bad but I guess we will see.

We stopped walking and right when I looked up In front of us I saw a huge water fall and lake. Jasmine smiled at me and pushed me up next to Alex who looked at me and smiled. I smiled back then took another look at the breathtaking landscape in front of me. I had seen things like this before but never this amazing and beautiful.

We all walked to the lake and looked it over, the wind rustled the leaves and water making a beautiful ripple effect. Lilly pads were spread across the top like the lake was out of a fairly tale. "I come here when I need to think" alex told us and I could see why
It was so calm here and quiet I couldn't believe it, I could even here angel snore in my mind.

"Can ya hear me" a voice asked in my mind I was confused because I had never heard this voice before. "Dont worry kid, only you can here me it takes a special shifter to talk to normal animals like myself" the voice said again and I looked around.

"Are you okay princess?" Max asked me "yes I'm perfectly fine" I told him "were are you than and what kind of animal are you?" I asked back through the mind link. "I'm a wolf my dear, I would show ya but if I did your friends would kill me" the voice said.

"Are you a boy or a girl?" I asked "I'm a boy, I have a few sisters tho" he replied back. "Well let's head back and I can show you guys some other cool stuff" alex told us. "Can I stay here for a while I'll get back with you" I told them as I plopped down on the ground.

"Actually-" alex cut off max "ya sure just head back soon" alex told me and I smiled at him as he walked away with the others. I was left alone for a while until I heard a twig snap a few feet away from me.