34. goodbyes

+++

+++

Stacey stared at the items scattered on her office desk. They were meant to go with her to New York City, but now she wasn't sure if she wanted to go anymore. She had until tonight to cancel her acceptance to the NYU summer program and if she didn't, her spot was secured.

Before her argument with Jordan, she had a clear idea of what she wanted to do. Now, her mind was all over the place. She loves Jordan and knows that there's a bright future with him, but the fact he's making her decide angers her. He should be happy she got this opportunity to do something big with her life. As much as she wanted to go though, she didn't want to end things with him.

"Trouble in paradise?"

Hayden came into her office with his usual suit and tie on. He brought in a cardboard box labeled 'New York City' for her.

"I don't know if I need that yet," Stacey confessed, sitting on the edge of her desk.

Hayden crossed his arms. "You were so excited to go last week. What changed?"

"Jordan," she stated and everything was explained to Hayden with just that name. "I love him, but I love NYU too. My mind is everywhere right now. I feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack."

Stacey took deep breaths, not wanting to have one in front of him. Hayden cautiously came over, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You're okay. I'm sorry I brought it up. I just thought you'd be excited about the New York stores opening along with our office."

Stacey's head perked up. "What?"

Hayden looked at her confused. "I thought someone told you. With the success of the first launch of Infatuation, my father wants us to open a couple of stores in New York City as well as an office. That's where I've been this whole time. I picked out locations and an office building."

Her heart raced with excitement. She covered her mouth from screaming. "That's amazing! You're such an amazing friend."

Hayden caught on to the last word. Surprisingly, he wasn't sad about it. "Of course."

+++

"I'm not going," Stacey said for the tenth time over the phone.

Olivia sighed, "Come on I need somebody else here."

The team gala was tonight and Stacey was still invited despite Asher being suspended indefinitely. She didn't want to go for obvious reasons, but Olivia was not accepting it. "My brother isn't even on the team and I'm not in the mood to see Jordan right now. I'm sorry Liv. You have Layla there anyways."