Chapter 122: Woman To Woman (EP. 01)

Start from the beginning

"Because it's a weekend," The fire wielder whined, "Why do babies get to sleep for eighteen hours a day... How unfair for adults..."

Elsa laughed at her husband's antics, "I'm going to take a bath. Keep an eye on the door, you know how Anna is..."

"Sure, why not," He trailed off, a snore escaping his mouth. Elsa chuckled and slid off the bed once more, grabbing her folded bathrobe from the nightstand.

Her blue eyes drifted to the door's direction in wonder. "A cup of coffee sounds nice..."

And so she walked through the doorway and closed the door behind her back, rubbing her bleary eyes with cold hands. It wasn't a long walk for the kitchen, and she politely greeted an awoken Guinette.

"Good morning, miss Guinette."

"Good morning to you too, your majesty. A cup of coffee perhaps?" The stout, old lady offered knowingly.

"You know me so well," Elsa nodded.

After a few moments, a mug of the desired warm drink eased down the Queen of Arendelle's dry throat. She sighed contentedly, "Ah, finally, fully awake."

She jumped in electrifying surprise once another body squeezed hers, Elsa clutching her heart in shock. "Oh my goodness, Anna.." She complained in annoyance, "Don't you startle me like that!"

Anna boisterously laughed, "Good morning to you too, my fair sister. And since when did you prefer coffee over hot cocoa?"

"Since I was born." Elsa flatly replied.

"Right," Anna rolled her eyes in a good-natured way, "A sandwich please, miss Guinette. The little guy's craving for some ham."

"It's not even breakfast yet." Elsa giggled.

"You can eat a sandwich whenever you like," Anna sagely defended.

"And where's Kristoff?" Elsa took a sip from her drink.

"Still asleep like a rock. Hehe, get it?" Anna snorted. Elsa shook her head, "Any plans for today? It's the weekends, after all. No meetings, no paperwork, all clear."

"I've been thinking about what to do since last night, but there are just so many activities to choose from!" Anna squealed, "I should really talk to Olaf. Picnics are getting quite boring, though."

"What about let's try something new?" Elsa suggested, "It's been a while since we went outside the gates."

"That's it!" Anna grinned, "What about the boys spend some time of their own while we, girls, do a little shopping and pampering? No offense, but you really need to remove those bags off under your eyes."

"Oh, that, sorry," Elsa sighed, "The twins have been really fussy lately, especially at night. I really do need a break..."

"You said it, sister," Anna cheered, "So it's officially a girls day out, how exciting. We haven't done that before."

"Indeed," Elsa agreed, "Now, just let me freshen up and take a bath."

"Phew, I'm going to for that, too." Anna suppressed a giggle, "See you later! Don't forget to invite mama Helena. She's been taking care of the twins a lot during the day."

Elsa bit her lip nervously, "Will do."

     ≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Elsa had never really talked much with her mother in law. Aiden had always encouraged her to approach her at times, but ever the gentle husband he was, he didn't want to pressure her into doing so. She only spoke with the queen a few times, or two, but it's either because the former queen of the Northern Isles wants to take care of the twins, or the lady is complimenting her.

The memory of her mother in law speaking to her right after her first, disastrous visit is still fresh in her mind, and she's always in the state of disbelief that, that was the first time they talked. Much. She guessed.

That's why she felt anxious. Somehow, it felt awkward to talk with your supposedly dead mother in law who came back to life as a wild cat, who reformed back into human shape. And what's most likely she has always wondered, was how was her husband's mother doing ever since he who must not be named had been... caged.

She finally reached the large white doors, her hand leaving a patch of frost on the knob as she hesitated.

Elsa, don't be dumb, she hissed mentally to herself, you should knock. It would be rude to barge in.

She held up her hand and knocked on the door. It wasn't long before Helena's head poked out from the opened slice of space.

"Oh, good morning, dearie. Do come in."

To be continued, on
the next chapter...