CHAPTER EIGHTY EIGHT

It had been an unexpectedly long day that no one would predict would turn out this way. Ishita was seated in the living room holding Ruhi in her arms as they all waited for Raman and Romi to finish up with the police and the paper work involved with it. Rajeev didn't want the matter to drag on for long so he convinced the Director General of Police to have them interrogated at home.

He just wanted all this to just be out behind them and let them move on with their lives. In all this while Ishita silently sat back and watched how her father took care of her in his own way. He made sure she was comfortable; he ensured that police treated her with respect. Everything was done and dusted in no time and the police had got what they needed.

'Ishita can we get you anything else...'' Asked Ishana

'No I am good thank you very much...'' Ishita politely answered

'How about you Aditya...'' Ishana asked again

'No I am okay thank you...'' Answered Aditya

Rajeev and Raman came back in joining the family that had gathered in the living room all anxious to know what was going to happen. Raman could tell everyone was still a bit worried and tensed about how the whole ordeal had actually worked out.

'Look you all don't have to worry. Everything has been taken care of. He will be away for a very long time. ' Said Raman

'I will make sure of it...'' Added Rajeev as he looked at his daughters

'I am very grateful for what you have done for me Sir... Thank you so much...'' Said Ishita

'Oh Please, No apologizes... It was my duty...'' he said as he smiled at her a little

Ishita arched back as Ruhi rolled in her arms just to settle Ruhi and Rajeev could see all the bruising on her arms and also the black spot she had from beating slapped earlier. Everything of what had just happened hit him like a flash and he knew the self-control he was trying so hard to put up was about to fall apart.

Raman walked over to where Ishita was sitting and took Ruhi from her hands carrying her instead as he sighed with relief that his sweet little girl was fine. He turned to his wife looking at her and acknowledging that she too was okay.

Rajeev's wife unlike most people in the room could see her husband begin to give away his emotions and this is something that he hated. She stood up and went and stood next to him as he in turn looked away. She didn't hold his hand or try and talk to him. She just stood there almost as if just to let him know that she was there if he needed her.

Ishita like always had unbelievable powers of observation and she knew he was a bit shaken up. I mean who wouldn't be. He might have lost Ishana to day and to be honest he was worried for her as well. She felt so bad that he was going through all this and knew she had to do something about it.

She stood up to the curious eyes of her husband and walked over to where Rajeev was standing and stood in front of him.

'Ishana is fine you know...'' She said

'Yeah... Yes I know...'' he said holding his breath

She looked at him and took a deep breath looking at Raman, Ruhi and Aditya and imagined what she might have felt if this had happened with any of them. He must have been going through a wind of emotions and she felt bad for that. She slowly came forward and put her hands around him as she hugged him.

Rajeev's wife just stayed staring at them as if she wasn't even sure that this was actually happening, Ishana was all in shock together with her grandmother. Tushar and Sarika were shocked as well but Romi just smiled shaking his head at how Ishita could be so understanding and forgiving.