Eleven pt.2

One thing I know most of us can agree on is the fact that vodka is awful. No one drinks straight alcohol for the taste that's for sure. That's because people drink straight vodka to get incredibly fucked in a short amount of time. I can confirm that this is tried and true. The empty twenty sixer next me is proof enough. Now I'm not trying to make it seem like I'm heartbroken and feeling pitiful. The truth is that tonight I'm not drinking because of pain others have caused me. I am drinking because of the pain I have caused myself. Something nobody tells you about emotions like loving or hope is that once you are snapped out of the trance, you are left to question whether or not what you felt was worth it. If you forgot the wise part of yourself who would have stopped and asked if she was getting ahead of herself. Tonight's drunken state is in the name of deep thought and self reflection. Sometimes, it's necessary. You're probably expecting me to text Matt, maybe get myself into some trouble, because drunk people do stupid things that backfire on them. The thing is, I have done something stupid that is going to backfire. I put way too much thought into my actions, and I know that in the morning I'll make an irrational decision because of what I told myself through sips of Smirnoff.

The next morning

I did in fact stay home today.  It wasn't even an option considering the headache I woke up with.  Lena FaceTimed me when she was home after school.  "I have a lot of questions for you ya know," she said in a mom like tone.  I rolled my eyes and stayed silent as a queue for her to continue.  "How did it go with Matt at the party?!  I can't believe he took you home!"  She said enthusiastically.  "Oh ya that was really nice of him. Nothing happened though." I replied blankly. Yes I am lying. It's necessary though. "Oh? Well that's too bad, I'm sure you'll get him next time though," she laughed until she saw I wasn't laughing back.  "I definitely don't have feelings for him Lena. I don't know what I was thinking," I said, now laughing a bit.  I knew Lena would believe me.  She knows me well enough to tell when I'm serious. Which I was.  "Ah man I was really shipping you guys too. Well next question, why did you get drunk last night hm?" She asked like she was playing detective.  I let out an embarrassed laugh. "I was stressed with school and feeling bad for myself.  Took it a little too far though..." "I can't tell. You look awful!" She says back.  I give her a sarcastic look of hurt. "Anyway I'll be there tomorrow, anything I missed?"  Just like that we continued on about school and regular things not worth mentioning. You could say life was back to normal, and with that not worth mentioning. Because let's be honest, one doesn't write about a normal life.  Though of course, this story isn't over yet.

//HA bet y'all weren't expecting me back😏 yes I changed the characteristics of the main character to make her easier to write. Deal with it. This feels rushed. I'm gonna post it before I think about it too much:)