Four

The wind felt refreshing as the four of us rode down the quiet streets of the neighborhood.  Lena did her best to keep up but eventually I stepped off my board and began to walk beside her while Char and Jaden continued ahead.  When we arrived at the skatepark Lena and I sat on top of the ramp with our legs dangling down.  We were about a minute into a conversation when Jaden approached us and said that Ian and his friends were coming.  Just then the sound of wheels on pavement began to echo towards us.  Without making myself look like I was staring, I casually kept an eye on the large group of boys.  When they got close enough, I noticed that the boy I saw at lunch- Matt, I think his name was-was riding along.  "Hey babe," Ian said, pecking Jaden on the lips.  "Hi," said Jaden blushing.  "Who's this?" He questioned after noticing me.  "Oh right, this is Avery, she moved here this summer.  She's really sweet, you guys will like her," Jaden replied, motioning to me.  I gave a little wave and a smile to the boys.  "I'm Ian, but I'm guessing you already know by now," said Ian, looking at Jaden while emphasizing the last few words.  "Joba, nice to meet you," continued a tall blonde boy with a warm smile.  "Ciaran," said one of the boys quietly with very little expression.  I guessed that he was shy as he moved back behind the boys after introducing himself.  "Dom," said a dark skinned boy.  "MERLYN!" Another dark skinned boy yelled with a huge grin on his face.  "I'm Romil," an Indian boy said.  The last one to introduce himself was Matt, who was busy looking down at his phone.  Romil gave him a nudge and he was able to get out "Matt," without even bothering to look up.  I ignored his behavior but I'd be lying if I said it hadn't offended me. 

    "I'm sorry about Matt..."  Joba sat down with Lena and I and we had been talking since.  "Oh uh, it's ok, you don't have to apologize for him," I said.  "He'll warm up to you eventually, he just doesn't like meeting new people," he stated, but he sounded more like he was trying to convince himself rather than me.  Joba got up and left Lena and I together.  I glanced towards Matt to see him smoking a cigarette away from the group.  His dark hair was disheveled and pieces hung over his eyes.  Lena must have caught me staring because when I turned my focus back to her she was trying to hide her grin.  "What?" I said, taking my one earbud out of my ear to give her my full attention.  "You like him don't you?" I rolled my eyes.  "I just find him interesting, that's it," I said.

    The sun was starting to set when I realized I should be making my way home.  "See you guys tomorrow," I said to Char, Jaden, and Lena.  "And it was nice meeting all of you," I added while looking at the boys.  I got a few waves, hopped on my skateboard and rode back to my house.

🪐Part 4 Playlist🪐

VIVID-BROCKHAMPTON

Doms-Odd Future

OKRA-Tyler, The Creator

///Whoops another short chapter, next one will be Matt's point of view and probably longer