Nine

The damp grass beneath my toes tickled the palms of my feet.  The strange feeling-mixed with the alcohol in my system-made me smile.  Matt led me out of the party and to his car to take me home.  I wasn't sure if this had been a good idea.  Letting someone take me home who I had met only a week ago, and who had been so cold in the following days.  Still, I understood Jaden trusted him, so I gave it a chance.  When we arrived at the car door I reached down for the passenger side handle and pulled.  In one clumsy movement I ducked down, hit my head on the roof, and basically fell into the car.  Very graceful, Avery. Good one.  When I noticed Matt let out a chuckle from the drivers seat, my cheeks became hot and I turned my face towards the window to avoid him seeing my red face.  "You alright?" He asked after seeing me rubbing the spot where my head had hit the roof.  "Oh yeah, I'm just clumsy," I replied, trying to be nice.  "You're drunk Avery," he stated with slight humour as he pulled away from the curb.  "I guess I am."

   Watching the moving cars ahead of us started to make my head hurt and suddenly I felt very hot.  Matt must have noticed my discomfort because he soon said, "you can roll it down if you need," as he pointed to my window.  I felt relieved and I gave him a grateful smile while rolling down the window.  The cool air of the night hit my face, at first it startled me, but I got used to it.  I lied my head in my arms against the window and gazed at the city lights.

    Matt's POV

      I hadn't checked on Avery, as I was keeping my eyes on the road, until out of the corner of my eye I saw her rest her head on the open window.  When I looked over to ask how she was doing, I couldn't even get out what I had to say.  She looked so peaceful, angelic almost.  Her eyes were lit up by the bright lights of the city, and her dark hair was blowing wildly in the wind.  I must have been staring too long, because she tilted her head to gaze in my direction.  My head whipped back towards the road, but I could tell she caught me, as I could see her grin out of the corner of my eye.  Still looking towards the road, a smile grew on my face as well.

Avery's POV

    After I caught Matt staring at me, I began to smile.  For the rest of the trip I stared out the window, grinning.  When we were outside of downtown, I told Matt where I lived.  He nodded and we continued.  "My parents aren't home, so you can just pull in and drop me off," I said as we turned onto my street.  When we pulled into my driveway I thanked him for his favour and hopped out.  Only when I closed the door, I noticed he got out of the car too.  I gave him a look of questioning that made him say, "I'm going to walk you to the door."  As he walked closer and closer towards me, my heartbeat raced.  He grabbed my hand and with wrapped his other arm around me, guiding me forward.  "Don't trust me?" I was able to ask even with my heart racing a mile a minute.  He smiled, and continued to lead me to the door.  I broke his grasp around me to dig out my house key.  "Thanks again," I whispered, turning the key in the lock.  "No problem.  Goodnight Avery," he smiled back.  "Night," I replied.  I opened the front door, walked into the house, and swung the door closed, as my view of Matt on my front step disappeared.

🧚🏼‍♀️Part 9 Playlist🧚🏼‍♀️

Lust for life-Lana del Rey (ft. The Weeknd)

I fell in love with you one night in June-1nonly

Summertime In Paris-Jaden (ft.Willow)

Blondie-Current Joys

///hope you enjoy the chapter! Plus I've decided to add small playlists for each chapter.  I'll be adding ones to the earlier chapters so go check those out.

Apple Music-kamryn_hanley