Eight

Seeing his emotionless face made my insides twist and turn.  After meeting his eyes, I puked.  Right in front of him. "Oh god, Avery?" He said, disgusted, and then confused. I should say something. I should stand up and tell him I'll be alright, and walk right back down the stairs. Unfortunately, the poison in my body decides for me. I wipe my mouth with the side of my hand, and throw myself back against the wall of the tiny hallway we both occupy. My eyes begin to shut as the throbbing in my head increases. My body forgets the embarrassment of Matt, still in front of me, and craves sleep as exhaustion takes over. Before my mind drifts into the wonders of sleep, I am awoken by the sensation of fingers on my thighs. It surprises me, and my eyes shoot back open. My sight immediately becomes blurry again from the quickness in which I reopened my eyes. As the world around me again becomes clear, I acknowledge the fact that I am now above the ground, being carried by someone. I again find my mind in a fog. None of my thoughts are forming properly. The confusion puts me back into a sleep, which is easy considering my vision is still cloudy and my limbs are numb.

When my eyelids flutter open I observe my surroundings. I'm now lying against a wall. This time in a bathroom, with the toilet bowl next to me. I'm slightly startled when I notice Matt is sitting directly across from me on the ledge of the bathtub with one foot hanging down to the floor, and the other propped on the ledge. The look he has on his face scares me. He looks disappointed, yet not fazed or surprised, maybe even amused. It's the look a father will give their child when they warn them about something, but they do it anyway and get hurt. This look gives me butterflies in my stomach, and the nerves almost make me hurl again. I stay calm on the outside though, trying to make this very not normal situation normal. "Hi," I half speak half whisper. His mysterious look changed into a little smile. He looks...sympathetic? "Hi," his deep, raspy voice replied. "I, uh," I trailed off due to the motion sickness I was beginning to feel. "Don't worry about it. I'm going to take you back to your place because you're definitely still drunk. I already talked to your friends about it," Matt interrupted my stuttering. He said the words in a slightly annoyed tone. Less harsh and more like he was tired and stressed, which is understandable. "Thanks," I smiled back. "Let's get you cleaned up," he said while rising from his spot on the bathtub. He motioned for me to stand up and get on the counter. I did exactly that. When I walked towards the vanity I noticed my hair, which was tangled and ratted. I sighed at my appearance and hopped onto the counter. I reached to turn on the faucet, but Matt's hand beat me to it. "Let me," he said. The butterflies returned. He soaked a cloth in warm water and rung it out. With one swift movement, he stepped between my legs which were dangling off the counter and leaned in towards me. My heart began to race with every inch he moved in closer. With one hand on my thigh, the other held the cloth, and gently wiped the bile from my cheeks. He was close enough I could smell the alcohol and cigarettes in his breath. I studied his face as he washed mine. He must have noticed me looking into his eyes like a kid in a candy store because he stopped, dropped the cloth in the sink and back away from my body. I sighed at the lost feeling of his body so close to mine. "We should get going," he said, already walking towards the door.

💫Part 8 Playlist💫

Dazed & Confused-Ruel

Why Do You Feel So Down-Declan McKenna

Garden (say it like dat)-SZA

Lost-Frank Ocean

///finally got this out. I've got an actual plan for the next couple of chapters so those should come out soon