Five

Matt's POV

Sighing, I let out a puff of smoke and step on the bud of my cigarette.  Everyone is still at the skatepark, except for Avery, who just left. Since I had nothing else to do, I sat down next to Lena, replacing where Avery had sat only a few minutes ago. "Haven't talked to you in a while," Lena spoke. I shrugged. "I've going through it lately," I was able to get out. This was true, I had been going through it. Neither one of my parents are around much but lately they haven't even stepped foot in the house, which leaves me with only the small amount of money I can earn working at a convenience store. It's not easy, trying to supply for yourself, and adding school onto that. I'm a smart kid but my life is already a disaster, so I don't even worry about school. I'll fail twelfth grade but, who cares?

"If you need anything you can come to me. Any of us," Lena state's, breaking the silence. "Thanks," I say, knowing well I'll never be one to ask for help. "You know you should try getting to know Avery. I think you'd like her, but shutting her out isn't going to do you any good," Lena joked, though I could see she was serious. "Look I'm not trying to be rude but she just doesn't interest me," I lie. She interests me very much. She seems very quiet and contained but I can tell there's more to her that she keeps quiet about. Like she's scared to be herself... "Give it a chance Champion," she says rolling her eyes. "Maybe I will," at this her head lifts and she smiles. She can see right through me.

Avery's POV

"Hi," I say to my mom as I enter the house. "Skatepark?" She asks, seeing my board in my hand. "Yeah," I say. "Goodnight sweetie, I'll see you in the morning," "Night mom," I reply.

I gently set my board against the wall of my bedroom and hop on the bed. I pick up my guitar but set it back down as I remember my dad is probably sleeping and he wouldn't appreciate my loud strumming as he tried to sleep, which I'm sure he would hear as their bedroom is below mine. Instead I grab my laptop, flip it open and type in my password. After clicking the Netflix tab I realize I should shower, so I jump off my bed, walk to my bathroom and turn the handle for the hot water to start and rid the clothes off my body.  I jump into the hot water and feel instant relaxation. 

With a towel wrapped around my body I lean against the vanity, unlocking my phone.  I look at the red bubble in the corner of the Instagram app that tells me I've got seven notifications.  After opening it I see that the boys I met today have followed me.  One though, almost makes me gasp.

himattchampion has requested to follow you

"What?" I say out loud.  He showed no interest in me whatsoever.  "It can't hurt," I think to myself and click "accept".  Without thinking, I follow him back, biting my nails anxiously.  I strut back to my room and throw on a t shirt and shorts.  It's now 10:45pm and I'm starting to get tired.  I set an alarm on my phone but before I shut it off, a notification dings and the top of my screen reads,

himattchampion sent you a message

"Oh no," I think, and my stomach drops.  This can't be good.

himattchampion
Hey sorry for being rude earlier today, I just had something on my mind.
See you tomorrow

Oh, that wasn't so bad.  That was actually pretty nice of him.  At that I decide to respond.

                    Avery_hansen
Don't worry about it
See you tomorrow

🐚Part 5 Playlist🐚

We Find Love-Daniel Caesar

Hot Rod-Dayglow

Saturday Nights-Khalid

Fangs-Matt Champion

///ya so the story line is kinda fucked up cause I didn't plan a plot but I guess I'll see how it goes