author's note

H I S N E P E N T H E

"What do you want me to say, huh? Hi, my name's Christian Valdez and I want to kill myself?"

"That's a start"

*

A U T H O R ′ S N O T E

If you have any problems with consistent mentions of suicide, depression, (sorta drug abuse?), body image issues (mentions of anorexic and bulimic tendencies), coarse language or sexual references, I would recommend you remove this story from your library, and I'm sorry that this book wasn't for you.

His Nepenthe deals with some serious issues, and is meant to be taken seriously, though the book has light-hearted characters.

I am not in any way trying to romanticise mental illness. I myself have dealt/am still dealing with some, if not all, of these issues and understand the seriousness of them and what does, and doesn't help.

If anything concerns you, feel free to private message me, I'm here to help.

His Nepenthe is made to make you smile, and laugh, and probably cry a little, as you follow Christian and Brandy through the inner workings of their lives, and to 'watch' as one thread gets pulled, releasing the chaos of understanding.

Everyone needs something to take the pain away every so often, and for him, that was her.

*

Sincerely,

(sage)

-

"Dying is the easy part.

Living?

Now that takes strength"

-

copyright © 2020