45. Simple

S I M P L E A N D S W E E T

*

I slowly opened my eyes, letting them adjust to the harsh light that filtered in through the curtains that were slightly parted. I blinked a few times, running a hand down my face as I yawned.

My eyelids started to droop once again, until I realised that I wasn't alone.

I almost jumped out of shock before noting that the person beside me was none other than Brandy, her hair tangled, her eyes closed, her shoulders rising and falling as she breathed.

Her body was turned away from me slightly, her head resting against my outstretched arm.

I rest my head back against the pillow, staring up at the roof in an attempt to calm my erratic heartbeat. With Brandy so close though, that was hard to do.

Her hair was messy, but I still had the urge to brush my fingers through it as I stared deeply into her perfect hazel eyes. I closed my eyes, shaking those thoughts away.

I had it for Brandy bad. And I'm pretty sure every man and their dog could tell.

I brushed my hand over her arm, feeling her smooth skin under my fingertips.

She stirred slightly, before rolling over in my arm so she was facing me. Her face was so serene as she slept. Her eyes relaxed, her lips lightly parted.

I really wanted to know what her lips felt like.

I rested my hand against my forehead, sighing deeply.

Brandy shifted again, waking herself up, "Oh good God, what time is it?" She asked in a sleepy morning voice.

I reached over to my phone resting on my side table, making sure to not move so Brandy could stay comfortably in my arms, her eyes slipping shut, "It's 7:46."

She groaned, stretching an arm up before dropping it back down and cuddling into my side, "Why is it so early?"

I laughed softly, unable to resist the urge as I brushed my fingers through the hair that framed her face, pushing it behind her ear, "It's not that early."

"I'm tired though. Yesterday was so much," I felt a familiar rush of guilt through my veins, "And I'm with you now, and you're so comfortable, and smell nice, and have a really good morning voice."

Her unfiltered words made a smile reach my lips, as I traced her own with my thumb, "I smell nice?"

"Shut up I'm busy," She mumbled into my shirt, tracing circles on my skin through the cotton with her fingertips.

"You seem like you're still asleep," I noted, making her smile lazily with a weak attempt of a laugh.

"I don't even think I woke up, to be honest," She mumbled in reply, her eyes still closed as she spoke, her voice sounding slightly drowsy.