three

Sarawat couldn't help fidgeting in excitement once lunch rolled around. He had woken up late and didn't have time to see Tine in the morning. So he simply counted down until it was lunch to surprise his mate.

"Ow, 'Wat where are you going?" Man asked, slinging an arm around Saraswat's shoulders while Boss trailed behind them. Sarawat pushed his arm off.

"To see my mate," he stated. Boss and Man looked at him in shock, both tumbling in the steps slightly.

"Since when?!" The two shouted, gaining the attention of the students around them.

Sarawat rolled his eyes and ignored them while they continued to pester him with questions. He smiled when he saw Tine. Only having been one day since they met, and he was already so drawn to the human boy.

His smile turned into a frown when he noticed Tine sitting all alone with his food in front of him, untouched, as he read a book. There was not a single human around the boy, and it worried Sarawat that Tine might be a victim of some sort of bullying.

He couldn't imagine such a sweet and accepting individual being the center of hatred.

Hurrying in his step, he sat down next to the human boy and took his book away.

"Ow, P'Sarawat. What are you doing?" Tine whined, trying to reach for the book. Placing the book at the edge of the table, Sarawat took Tine's plate of food and pushed it closer to him.

"You should be eating, Tine. Reading can be done later," he scolded. He picked up the spoon, and handed it over to Tine, who sighed and nodded.

Tine looked at Man and Boss who sat across from them, serious like on their faces. Noticing Tine's attention to his two friends, Sarawat introduced them while snaking his arm around Tine's waist.

"Tine, this is Man and Boss."

Tine nodded his head slightly, "It's nice to meet you."

Boss and Man were still shocked at the idea of Sarawat having a mate, and even more shocked when their friend displayed never seen before affection towards a human boy.

They wondered if there was some sort of sorcery going on, because the guy in front of them was not their usual Sarawat.

Their usual Sarawat was somewhat aloof, and quick tempered. He didn't like anyone approaching him and invading his personal space. He wasn't particularly fond of humans either. And he certainly hadn't been an individual that liked showing such affections.

Sarawat's mother, whom Boss and Man recognized as their Luna -mother of the pack, and wife to their current Alpha - often complained about how her son's lack of emotions made her worry for when he would find his mate.

She constantly rambled about how her son would most likely end up not knowing how to properly treat her future in law and make them run away.

But as the two accessed the way Sarawat lovingly looked down at his mate, and naturally showed skinship, they knew their Luna had nothing to worry about.

Tine smiled awkwardly as Boss and Man said nothing and remained staring at him. He began to slowly eat, all the while trying to ignore the gazes from those around him.

"Give me a bite," Sarawat asked, making Tine turn his attention onto him. Getting Tine's attention was now officially Sarawat's new favourite thing. He could never get tired of the boy's eyes being set on him, and only him.

"Where's your lunch?" Despite his question, Tine still offered Sarawat a bite of his food.

"Don't have one. I usually just buy something, or eat the snacks forced into my hands," Sarawat shrugged, nonchalant.

"Ow, and yet you're scolding me to eat my lunch," Tine teased, offering Sarawat another bite.

"It's different," Sarawat tried reasoning, "you're human so compared to us werewolves, you're more prone to getting sick."

Tine raised a brow, shaking his head as he began to eat the rest of his lunch. As his attention was fully on his food, Sarawat turned to look at his two friends.

'Scram,' he ordered through the motion of his head, his eyes glinting dangerously. Man and Boss both scoffed as they got up and left. Tine looked at them in wonder before resuming his eating, making sure to give Sarawat some of his food and drink as well.