Damien's backstory

You wouldn't believe my life.

I started out somewhere else. I have no fucking idea where it is in reference to here... either another reality or another galaxy from here. Now that you think I'm crazy I'll tell you there was no magic. Or at least I thought there wasn't.
I was born, and raised for 23 years with people who thought magic was fake, and science was the thing to follow. What's science? It's really just a way of thinking. You find a question, make a hypothesis, test it, rinse and repeat. No matter how many people tried to prove various forms of magic, they couldn't hold up in any controlled situation. I guess no one with real magic tried to prove themselves. Seems silly to me.
Anyways one day I was at a bar, like a tavern, and I met this guy, Oberon. We started fighting about something silly, and I took out my wallet to shake in his face, and he made it disappear. I got angry and demanded it back, but he fucking kept doing it. Asshole! This dick then got scared when I tried to strangle him and he slapped me into unconsciousness.
You'll call me petty, but this fucking guy made my life go haywire. Six months later, I woke up with THESE! And THIS SHIT. Do you know what it's like to be disgusted by your own blood? One fae queen dream visit later and I learn he's done this to children and killed them before they even woke up.  I ran the next day when I felt Oberon trying to knock me out again. Well, it wasn't really running. It was crawling for my life. I didn't have the strength to stand on my own, much less run. He chased after me, but somehow I made it out of his house. I didn't make it far before he tried to grab me, but then I kicked him, and then I fell through a portal.
I cannot make this shit up, a portal swallowed me whole just before that bastard could reach me. I fell in front of Dave, and proceeded to try and escape his house the exact same as I did the Oberon's. He let me, let me go into the town where I officially embarrassed myself to the entirety of its residents by screaming and acting like a crazed animal. Gertrude, one of the kinder old ladies managed to calm me down along with a few others. I still feel guilty for what I did to her face...
I spent the next few weeks slowly acclimating to the village, getting back to "normal"-learning how to walk and where the fuck I was. It took me a while before I could properly mourn for everything I ever knew before. You guys will never know the joy of online video. The interconnectedness of a modern world...
Eventually Dave started trying to help me figure out what I was, how my magic worked before I would get a heart attack from it. He also taught me some magic like his, and I learned a lot of shit in a short amount of time. It's become a craving. No, an addiction. I'm addicted to magic.
Then, since lil' ol' Damien can't have nice things, as I was putzing around in my workshop those MOTHERFUCKERS decided to burn all that I'd had left to love to the GROUND. Except, Julie, of course. I would've lost my mind if it wasn't for her.

There, you have it. Now give me my fucking book back I sWEAR TO GOD!