XXVIII

hey kids
so this book is become like...idk a sherlock holmes kinda concept. many of these investigations you can also participate in as i'm not actually just putting random numbers into it. i thought it would be fun for my readers to also give it a shot. you guys can try and figure out the concept behind the tracking code on hyejin's photo along with chenle, and throughout the plot hyejin also finds several clues to the tracking code. you guys can also take a shot at it along with hyejin and chenle.

just keep in mind, the decoded version of her tracking code will be explained near the end of the book...i think idk

"your danger was my fuse"

. . .

her feet tapped nervously against the road as the teacher explained to the students each rule and regulation they all must follow before entering the investigation sight.

"everyone ready?" the one leading us today announced, who just so happened to be wu inho. funny right?

a chorus of yes's sounded, bringing her nervous heart to pump even faster. the group entered the sight, her eyes scanning over where inho had been hiding all his paperwork and files.

inho and her had shared many glances at each other throughout the course of the explanation, both knowing something everyone else didn't. she had a plan in her mind, but it was risky. very risky with the presence of inho.

the room was everything but abnormal, piles and piles of paperwork stacked on top of the computer desk with pens sprawled across the table. it very obviously inhabited a lot of people with the amount of chairs and computers littered across the tables.

glazing her eyes over the book shelf next to an open window, something caught her eye: the same book that had the extra keycard to the NCT base. she reached out to it, but immediately retracted her arm when the superviser suddenly bellowed

"make sure you put whatever you touch back into it's original spot, this is very important to the investigators as a wrong move can ruin the whole investigation." this supervisor was one of the law head ministers, playing more of a guardian role than what inho was

"the investigators, attorneys and police are coming now. make sure your on your best behaviour, don't taint the schools reputation" inhos eyes directed to hyejin's, her throat making an audible gulp

spinning around to glance at the book again, she noticed the book was gone. her eyes widening, she swung her head around at the window.

"how..." if inho or one of the police had gotten a hold of that, they could easily link it to the members of NCT by a simple fingerprint scan...in worse cases it could even lead to her. finding herself dashing towards the window, she spotted two bodies huddled together speaking chinese or something, each communicating rather loudly at each other.