XI

"is my heart beating for the wrong reason?"

. . .

"it's go time kids" hendery yelled, exhausted but still energetic enough to bring the mood up. everyone had been working nonstop on this case that not one single person was rested enough to even move a finger.

jeno hadnt gotten sleep for 4 days in a row, being overworked with the amount work he was getting thrown at; having to investigate every single aspect of a case that happened a year ago again and having to collect all this information and find more of it at the same time.

the combat members have been training till they dropped, going back to their dorms like a living zombie. the training room now stunk so much of sweat that most people forgot what it use to smell like

xiaojun has been going over plans nonstop, making it fool proof but he usually resorted to scrunching the paper into a ball and throwing it across the room. taeyong had been helping him as well as controlling the members and making sure they are on top of their busy schedules.

hendery has been going to and forth from the base to the bar, though it was 40 minutes away so he found himself sleeping every trip. yangyang came along most of the time, but he sometimes resided to collecting and investigating the clues hendery had collected.

the rest were just as busy; from making new equipment to fixing broken ones, everyone was not in the right state of mind to go.

"we have to go" taeyong clapped his hands loudly at everyone but no one budged, everyone was almost sick tired that no one was energised enough to even reply to taeyong

"could we put it off slightly? to this afternoon at least, let everyone rest. we're all tired and we won't get the best results if we go now" hyejin yawned. taeyong looked at everyone and sighed "alright, but we have to go 3pm sharp"

and hyejin fell right back to sleep right after she gave taeyong a thumbs up

"chenle, i need a word with you" taeyong glanced at the only boy who was mildly awake, tapping away at his keyboard

chenle nodded at him and the duo arrived in taeyongs locked a minute later

"i need to talk about your role" taeyong placed his hands on the table stared chenle straight in the eye "you aren't happy with your role are you?"

chenle shuffled slightly in his seat. if he was honest, no, he barely had anything to do compared to the others and he didn't enjoy discarding dead bodies every once in a while