VI

"the sun watches everything i do, the moon knows all my secrets"

. . .

"describe the appearance of the members you saw on the day"

"it was hard to tell, i was so focused on getting the case but i think i saw a glimpse of the members. they were hidden with masks and caps, but the main thing i remember is that they had a tattoo on their neck like...a rocket? with a star in the middle. there was also a leader but he didn't get off the car, he was just yelling at everyone from the driver seat of the car."

"a rocket?"

"yeah, i remember it distinctly because it stood out from all the black they were wearing."

"could you describe where you found the key cards?"

"i found them in a metal case attached onto the side of the car with this metal rod thing. they really didn't want anyone getting to it because it was attached so firmly with bolts and everything"

"so they brought the key cards with the intention of rading our base but also insure that we won't be getting our key cards back"

"let's just say, you guys aren't in the best place right now"

. . .

chenle and hyejin ran upstairs, ditching the elevator and bursting into taeyongs office, catching him off guard.

"you guys...run...too fast" jeno panted, holding onto the door handle for support

"what is it?" taeyong looked at the 3 kids who looked as if they just ran a marathon. chenle walked up to him and placed jenos research material on the cube case in front taeyong.

"the autopsy results came out and it tested positive for hwang minsu, and we managed to confirm that he was the cube leader by his tattoo right? when we put yesterday's attack culprit into investigation, he claimed that wu inho was their leader but that's impossible because cubes leader's dead...and cubes leaders name is hwang minsu, not wu inho. this only means yesterday's attack wasn't carried out by cube, but was carried out by starship." chenle flipped the pages frantically, gesturing to all the information that he had gathered

"starship? as in, the group which we predict are coming for us next?" taeyong sat up in his seat, furrowing his eyebrow

"yes, starship. hyejin gave us a testimony, claiming that she saw that the attack yesterday had the tattoos of rockets" he placed a picture of the starship tattoo down "and this is the starship tattoo, so therefore starship was the one to attack us yesterday, not cube. but when we questioned one of the culprits, he didn't admit to having a leader called wu inho, so the only reason he was hiding is because starship and cube had an silent alliance, and they pretended to be each other to throw us off as much as possible, and i think it worked"