XVIII

"our story won't end until the final goodbye"

. . .

"the evidence won't be enough!" taeyong slammed a navy blue folder down on the table, causing everyone to jolt in their seat

"taeyong...starship is finding more and more ways to keep us out from getting back our evidence. the more we drag this on, the more starship is able to find loopholes to hide the evidence even further. if we can at least court them now under less serious consequences, it might give us a clear to look for our actual evidence" jeno explained, sheepishly pulling the folder from taeyongs grips, flipping it open and pointing at a title 'SOLUTION 2'

"i want them gone jeno. they've done enough damage to nct as a whole and if we can just get back all our evidence, we can put them in jail once and for all. we all want that's sweet sense of satisfaction, i know we all do" taeyongs eyes burned with anger and the urge to destroy under his fingers.

"there's flaws in both solutions. if we try and get the evidence back all in one go, jenos right, it'll become more and more difficult as starship continues to figure out how we strategise our attacks. but solution 2 means the police would also be on the search for starships base, that'll only be beneficial to us for the whereabouts of their base, but it'll be a huge disadvantage when it comes to getting our evidence back. we're a mafia gang, not an investigation squad. we kill people and we steal for the sake of peace, but the police don't know nor understand that. if we get exposed for inhabiting such court-able files, we're done for. not only will starship be put into jail, we'll be there too. those file has our names on it, it's only a matter of time that the police catch us" xiaojun took the folder from jenos hands and gestured to the disadvantage column under 'SOLUTION 1'

"wu inho studies law, he knows what he's doing despite being so young. that man is someone we need to watch out for, and even so, kill. without a leader, both cube and starship will go into peril." chenle slid a sheet of all the information gathered about wu inho, many of which he had collected of the day he had found him at a university.

"solution 1" hyejin's voice abruptly rang out over the intense debate

the whole room turned to look at her.

"solution 1, that'll be the fastest way to get that evidence back" hyejin stood up, joining the other 3 "it's just about getting past the guards"

she drew a thick red line under the word 'location'.

"the police will find the location for us while we prep and plan for the potential break in. obviously, the police and detectives aren't always around the 'crime site'. the best time to go in is at night, where there are only several officers around. this is when you guys are able to sneak into the place, search for the files and get the hell out of there" hyejin looked at how everyone was hesitant about this plan