sept

Sept - Seven

Another week went passed. They were a month into school at that point. It was already boring and excessive, but Fay had to live with it. School was just one of those things that everyone had to deal with at one point or another.

Everything was perfectly normal. He woke up each morning, dressed in his usual fashion, went to school, did his homework, and then went home or to drama club. There wasn't anything else to worry about. Absolutely nothing.

Except one thing.

Eden Ramsey.

Fay wasn't one to worry too much about other people that weren't his friends or family. He loved to make people feel better and help them out, but only if they asked for it. Eden never asked for it, so it wasn't Fay's place to be thinking about it.

The problem that had been plaguing Fay all week was Eden's body. He knew it was weird and not his place, but how would one just ignore what he saw? What he felt?

Eden was skinny. It was bizarre, because he clearly had muscle and had probably worked out in the past, but he was still skinny. Fay felt the indent of his ribs beneath his fingertips, he saw the jutting of Eden's hipbones. It wasn't normal. There was something more going on.

Yet, Eden seemed normal. He continued down the dark path of talking back to teachers and seemingly never doing his homework. Fay didn't know why, since it wasn't something he should have been thinking about, but he spent the week observing Eden whenever he wasn't looking.

That was how Fay noticed a few other things. The grey skin beneath his eyes, the fact that he never ate during lunch, the excessive smoke breaks he took, and the way he hid beneath that hat or a hood. Fay thought that he was being weird for paying so much attention, but he was concerned. Something was clearly breaking Eden down, and no one else was noticing it.

That was why Fay started thinking about the bathroom again. Did he throw up a lot? Was he bulimic? There were too many questions and not a single answer, because he wasn't supposed to even be asking those questions to begin with.

So he set the questions aside. There was no way that he was the only one who saw all of the signs. There had to be someone else caring for Eden. He decided that he wouldn't worry about it anymore. Unless Eden somehow started to look exponentially worse. Which didn't seem to happen.

Fay forced himself to carry on like normal and pretended that he hadn't seen and felt what he did. He was walking next to Cal across the parking lot to his car. They were going over to Cal's house.

It had been a little while since Fay had come over. Cal was always busy with extended family or helping out the neighbors. He was selfless, so it made sense. Fay always thought that it was sweet. It was why he couldn't help but love Cal unconditionally. In the best friend sort of way, of course.

When they finally arrived, Fay happily jumped out of the car and went up to the porch. Cal called for him to slow down, but that didn't stop him. He opened the front door and began taking his shoes off. The door wasn't locked, so it wasn't his fault that he could go inside so easily. Besides, Cal's family loved him.

"Cal!" A woman called from the kitchen. "You home?"

"Yeah, Momma!" Cal yelled back, following Fay into the house with a roll of his brown eyes. "Fay's here too!"

It took only a few moments for a short and round woman to come rushing into the room. She had long braids all pulled back into a high bun, and a black dress on. She quickly hugged Fay before he could even react. With a smile, he threw his arms around her too.