Journey 20

2 0

For Tomorrow

Unlike Eden and Aciel who chose to work in the fields to earn money, Sun continued to bet against the street performers. A few had become familiar with him and spread the word to their friends to avoid a man with blonde hair half tied up. In fact, they were willing to pay Sun to leave them alone just so they could continue with their day. A simple round around the dock and Sun made enough money for the week.

Once he was done his walk, he headed to Rosewood for a meal and to meet Hime. The staff had recognised him as the boss' guest and would direct him to a private room for their meetings.

"Hello Hime, lovely as always."

Much like the first time they met, her hair was up in a bun but this time with loose pieces framing her face. She had large tassel earrings that reached her chin and she wore a loose red dress with embroidered flower patterns.

"Thank you. Is the food to your liking?"

"It's wonderful. Much better than what Arthur served us." Hime smiled and rolled her eyes at Sun's words.

"Well, I have her reply. She says you're correct."

"Anything else?"

"From her? No, but from me, just a warning. Soon enough the prince will have to get involved. Is he ready?"

"He's getting there. How well he survives depends on which side he's on."

"Have you not told them what's going on?"

"I wanted to wait until my theory was confirmed. I have a reasonable guess on how Aciel will react but Eden is still up in the air. Depending on how she takes it, there'll be an easy and hard way to move on."

"Sun!"

Sun and Hime turned to see Yue slide the door open. In her hand was another game to challenge Sun in and she made a seat for herself at the table.

"I found a new one. Just picked it up from the port."

"Did you invite her here?" Sun asked Hime.

"Yue, I have a message for you." Hime said, effectively answering Sun's question.

"What is it?"

"Get ready and mobilise the army quietly."

A smile appeared on Yue's face. Finally, the words that she wanted to hear. After the war, Lu'es entered a two year period of turmoil. That was the last time Yue had a proper fight. Afterwards at most there were the training exercises between Au Inden and Mes but then Arthur came into power and started focusing on strengthening Au Inden internally and Yeon became more focused on politics.

"How long do we have?" Yue asked.

Hime looked at both of them, "Three months."

*

In Au Inden, Mur greeted Zula at the border with a small group of men behind her. The left hand of Au Inden was styled gracefully in a hanbok and a winter coat and she bowed in Zula's presence.

"I'm surprised you're the one greeting me." Zula said.

"Arthur was called to do something so I came in his place." Mur got on her horse.