Journey 16

1 6

Rivals

Currently Aciel, Eden, and Sun sat on one end of the table while Yue sat on the other. She was even loud as she ate but at least she was in her own world.

"How did you not know it was her?" Aciel asked Eden.

"I haven't been back since Lord Kumo was in charge. I was stationed by the Au Inden and Cusa'an border for the past few years." Eden whispered back. "How did you not know?"

"The palace was very big and I never bumped into her."

"So why are you here?" She pointed her chopsticks at them. Broth dripped onto the table.

Aciel and Sun both looked at Eden for an answer. She took a breath and said, "To find you. We would like to talk to you, in private."

"Sure but can I finish this?" Yue said.

"If everyone from Lu'es is so carefree, why aren't you?" Aciel asked Eden.

"Because you're too much of a pain for me to be carefree." Eden teased back.

"Oh look, you can relax." Aciel smiled. The bickering reminded him of their younger selves and he wondered if that was why Eden seemed to have relaxed more after their reunion.

"Yue!"

The woman in question paused mid slurp and turned to face the door. The trio turned too to see a middle aged woman looking around at the door.

"Uh oh." Yue said after she finished that bite of noodles.

"Uh oh?" Sun repeated only to see Yue hide under the table.

"This scene seems familiar."

"You didn't see me okay. I'll find you later." Yue whisper shouted at them and proceeded to sneak towards the back door.

"Advisor Xing how are you doing?" The owner greeted the woman looking for Yue.

"Is that kid here?" Advisor Xing cut straight to the point.

"No?"

Advisor Xing's lips pursed and she cleared her throat before shouting, "I know you're here you midget!"

"I'm not a midget! I'm still growing." Yue jumped up from her spot.

"You're twenty-six, you can't grow anymore."

Yue's smile vanished not because she was hit with the reality of her height, but because she realised she fell into Xing's trap. "Bye!"

Lady Yue ran through the crowded restaurant, knocking over a few people by accident. She shouted her apology but didn't stop. Advisor Xing chased after her boss and caused just as much of a ruckus in the process.

"You have to pay for that!" The owner shouted.

"Just put it on her tab!"

"Okay!"

"Should we go?" Aciel asked. The already busy restaurant became even busier as people tried to see their leader.

The group made their way back to their lodging and headed straight to the yard to work off their meal. Aciel's wounds were finally healed to where he didn't have to worry about them reopening and with Eden's military training he was strong enough to hold a sword with one hand again.

Sun on the other hand did the bare minimum that allowed him to return to how he was previously. He had no intentions of turning into a warrior again. As soon as he was done, he planned to head out and make some more money again.