Chapter X- Plan B

After Maine saved the team, they drove on the highway waiting to hear from Team B. Maine was driving, York was in the passenger seat, Carolina was at the turret, and Del used the magnetic locks in the feet of his armor to grapple to the side of the Warthog.

"Team B, report! Team B!!" Carolina urged.

North came through over the comm.

"Team B is down! We have wounded and are taking fire!" North reported.

"We'll be right there!" Carolina said.

"Negative!" North refused. "Get the package! Get it out of the city!"

"Roger that." Carolina replied.

"Reading Team B's tracker..." York said, using the team tracker to locate their objective. "Ok. There he is. I've got him!"

"We'll cut him off at the overpass!" Carolina said. "Go, go!!"

Maine stomped on the gas pedal, making for the executive that had the code to open The Sarcophagus.

Meanwhile, Tex was hiding from two Insurrection Soldiers that we're on the hunt for her.

"Come in, Mother of Invention." Tex hissed.
________________________________
Mother of Invention Bridge

"WE READ YOU, AGENT TEXAS." FILSS reported. "GO AHEAD."

"FILSS, I need you to fire ordinance pod 0401 to my position." Tex stated.

"I AM SORRY," FILSS countered. "BUT, I CANNOT VERIFY THE CONTENTS OF THAT POD. PROTOCOL DICTATES THAT I..."

"Just fire it, FILSS." The Director interrupted.

"ACKNOWLEDGED." FILSS obeyed. "SAFETY PROTOCOLS OVERWRITTEN. FIRING POD 0401."

The ordinance pod launched from the side of the ship.
________________________________
Planet Surface

The pod crashed into the concrete in front of Tex. The pod then opened to reveal a motorcycle and a rocket launcher.

"Hello there." Tex said, smiling beneath her helmet.

Just outside her hiding spot, the two Insurrection soldiers were still searching when they heard the pod land with a loud crash.

"You didn't fuckin' hear that?" One of them said to his companion in total disbelief.

"Nah, man. No." The other said.

Just then, Tex came crashing through the window on her newly acquired vehicle and zoomed past the soldiers onto the open road.

"How about that? Did you hear that?!" The soldier asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I heard it!" His companion said.

The two entered their Warthog and sped off to chase the freelancer, followed by another Warthog.

Carolina, York, Del and Maine were standing on the overpass when they saw the suited executive Team B were supposed to stop.

Carolina looked to Maine and nodded.

Maine leapt off the overpass onto the hood of the executive's car. He then took his Brute Shot and cut the exec's head off his shoulders and took the briefcase holding the code.