Chapter 20

"That's because they like each other, just too stubborn to admit it to anybody", Jay said.

"You're not going to let that happen though right? I mean like Dre isn't the best decision for her", Keyanna said. "He is all the guys she has ever attached herself to and it never ends well. Her mom died because of a situation he got her in"

"A situation she chose to be in. I get yall best friends or whatever, but Aaliyah is grown and smart from what I can see, she knows what she is doing.", Jay said as he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just meeting Aaliyah so I don't have a say in nothing she does, just her. Would I want her to be with him? Nah. But I can say that no matter how dangerous his life is. He will do his best to protect the people he cares about."

Keyanna rolls her eyes. "I guess I'm the only one who sees something wrong in this picture", she said. "Or the only one that cares about her at least"

"I care about her", Jay said. "I'm just not about to judge her decisions like you doing right now"

"You wouldn't understand because you don't know her. you're just meeting her", she said.

Jay gets up. "Imma head out. I got business to handle", Jay said as he walked away.

Keyanna looked at DaQuan. "Am I wrong?", she asked.

"Bae listen. I know you care about Aaliyah but... Its time you stop being her mom and just be her best friend", DaQuan said.

"Best friends aren't supposed to give advice", Keyanna asked with her hands out.

"I'm just saying that Aaliyah is going to be Aaliyah and its no changing that. Just be there for her, and not against her. If she decides to date that guy, then that's what she does. You don't have any say in who she chooses to have feelings for or who she decides to use. Whichever one cause its no telling with Liyah"

Keyanna sighs.

"Don't stress out about anything you can't control", he said.

Keyanna looked down for a moment then nods. "I guess you're right", she said.

"I know I'm right", he said.

Keyanna shakes her head and smiles a little. "Boy please", she said.

DaQuan smiles at her.

------------------------------------------------------------

Aaliyah and Dre were outside next to her car arguing.

"Aaliyah stop trippin", he said with an annoyed look on his face looking up. 

"You just basically said that you don't think the baby is yours", she said.

"I never said that", he said. "See you just putting words in my mouth"

Aaliyah folds her arms and rolls her eyes.

"I just ain't like who you said "YOUR" child like I don't have a say in nothing", he said. 

Aaliyah looked to the side. "You sat there at the table the whole time silent. As if you were having second thoughts about something"

"So you wanna know what I was thinking about?", he asked.

Aaliyah looked at him.

"... iight.. well I was thinking about how that whole group shit wasn't my thing and how  I just wanted to chill and be alone with you", he said.

Aaliyah suddenly felt herself being less tense as she looked at him. "Dre I don't do relationships", she said.

"When was the last time you tried?", he asked. 

Aaliyah looked down as she sighed.

"High school? I mean like come on you fucking with a real nigga now", he said with a smile.

Aaliyah looked at him with a straight face. 

"I mean if you wanna deal with me", he said

Aaliyah sighed. "How about this... we just talk first"

"Aaliyah I think we did enough talking.. I mean like you're pregnant", Dre said.

"Dre are you seriously ready for a commitment?", she asked. "Like being together would mean no more of those bitches you probably got running around"

"Not even gonna lie. You look the best, and you know.. please me the best. Why downgrade?", he asked.

"Why do you always joke?", she asked.

Dre was quiet.

"Im being serious", she said.

"I'm sorry. I just didn't think me having a baby on the way and getting into another relationship would come this soon. I'm actually nervous, guess that's how I cope", he said. "But on a real note. Besides all the crazy shit you are getting yourself into. I like your personality. I can actually talk to you about stuff and I never had my mind stuck on a girl as I have with you before. I never put a girl before my money...thought is I would always ask you to come over because I wanted to see you, not because you had to. All that shit could've been done over the phone"

"right about that one", Aaliyah said.

"...I know we both got our flaws, but I feel like its a good thing. We both understand each other meaning we can probably help each other", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "...You have one shot", she said. "miss? and we're done"

Dre nods and rubs his hands together as he smiles. "That's what I like to hear baby"

Aaliyah shakes her head.

Dre gets a call and he looks at his phone. "See you later", he said before he kissed her and walked away, answering the call.

Aaliyah watched him as he walked away. She couldn't believe she just got into another relationship. She liked Dre and she did miss him during the time they weren't talking. She thought that maybe she should just try, at least for the baby. She knew what it was like growing up without both of her parents and she didn't want anything what happened in her childhood or adulthood to happen to her own child.

TO BE CONTINUED...