"Oya rub it on my face you have long hair.... Toh I don't want. Besides it's too much stress taking care of long hair" I say and that's how we started talking about haircare. Sharing ideas and products suggestions.

After a while, I decided to say bye.

" So When are you taking me out?" she asks.

"Well, we're not even at Abuja for starters... Inshallah next week when we're back" I say. The door opens and Nour comes into view. He smiles at me and I smile back. And quickly cover my hair with the scarf.

"Who are you smiling at?" Nosy ZeeMaamah asks.

"It's my... Um it's ya Nour" I say. I hear his faint chuckle.

Yikes! I almost said "my husband" !!

Well isn't he?

Yh..he is... But...

No buts girl, it's tots okurrr. He's your husband so you can call him so wherever you are.. okay?!.

Sheiishh! No need to scold me I know. I know !

"Oh my God!!! You guys are on honeymoon!, Where are you guys at?!?" Ever so crazy maamah breaks me from arguing with my inner self.

"No.. we're not on honeymoon, we're at Bauchi, Yankari to be precise. We're even here with the parents, even them Maami" I blabber.

" Ooookay.... So won't you introduce us?" She asks with a silly smile plastered on her face.

"Sure right ahead... Cover your hair" I said to her.

"I was going to... No need to get all jelly-wifey on me" she said and wrapping her scarf nevertheless.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm not jealous, I'm just saying" I said.

"We both know of he sees me he'll forget you because of my beauty" she said and sassily whipped her scarf.

"Well too bad he's already mine, even if you come, you'll get second hand love" I say equally sassily pretending to blow my nails.

It wasn't until I hear his faint rich chuckle that I remembered he was in the room and he's heard everything we've spoken about. Oh my Allah!

"Umm.. ya Nour, my cousin wants to say hi" I stutter. He came over to where I was sitting and sits beside me, our thighs brushing, making goosebumps rise in the place. He places his arm around my back. My breath hitches.

"Assalam alaykum" his velvety voice said. The yeye girl widens her eyes.

"Uhm..um Wa.. Waalaykum assalam" she stuttered.

See!! It's not only me that gets tongue tied near him. I feel a weird and foreign emotion get over me.

I'm the only one supposed to feel THAT with him!!!

My subconscious roared in my head.

They exchange pleasantries and she even went ahead to tell him how I've always wanted to marry a guy with sideburns. Like hello!! Doesn't she have shame?!?.

I glare at her.

She gives me that same silly smile.

"Okay goodnight ya Nour sweet dreams, lemme quickly go before Anty Munaar here murder me for speaking with you for long. Have a great night" she winked and before I could reply her, she hanged up. I let out a long sigh.

I look up and meet his rich dark orbs staring intently at me.

Silence.

Silence.