CHP. 1 • Rough Morning •

It was a fine autumn morning and Y/N's third year was about to commence. She groaned and turned in her bed when she heard her alarm clock go off, but suddenly a harsh voice woke her up from her slumber.

"Turn that damn clock off bitch, before I slam it into your skull!"

That caused Y/N to jolt awake with a spike of fright. Her father was definitely not the nicest of people and she wasn't about to find out whether or not he would follow up on his threat. She quickly turned off her alarm, brushing her H/C hair out of her eyes. She stood up and stretched, before rushing over to her closet and pulling out the school uniform. After she was changed, Y/N quickly made her way downstairs, grabbing her lunch from the counter as she sped towards the door. She just about made it when-

"Aren't you going to say good morning brat?"

Suddenly, she felt a sharp tug on her H/L hair, as she was practically lifted off the ground by someone's hand. Y/N shuddered as she stared into her father's sharp E/C eyes that matched her own. He sneered down at her, only to throw the girl outside, muttering: "ungrateful bitch," before slamming the door in her face.

Y/N gathered her belongings and thanked her lucky stars that nothing else happened. She scrambled to her feet and quickly ran away from her house. She slowed her pace to a walk once she got to a more crowded area and continued to glare at the ground in front of her.

'I can't wait to leave this household' she thought to herself as she trudged all the way to school. Unlike most students at Akademi High, Y/N actually enjoyed her time there, because it was something akin to a safe haven for her. She enjoyed not having to be the prey for once, and she rather liked playing the role of predator.

Just as Y/N passed the front gates of the school, she was met with a familiar sight. Five boys were sitting around in a circle, playing what appeared to be a card game. Y/N scoffed and made her way over to them. She walked right into the centre and proceeded to knock down the pile of cards. She then turned to a boy with short salmon pink hair and glared. The boy shrunk under her stare and suddenly Y/N recognised who he was.

"Still being a nerd Kizuguchi?" she sneered, crossing her hands over her chest, "I thought you would have learned your lesson from last time."

Umeji exchanged a glance with his friends, who were all looking on nervously, and gulped before meeting Y/N's eyes again. The E/C eyed girl continued to stare him down, beginning to walk up to him when suddenly she was grabbed by the arm. A sharp tug pulled her away from the scene and Y/N turned to yell at the person.

"Hey! Who do you think you are!"

Osoro quickly turned to glare at the boys before continuing to drag her friend towards the entrance of the school building. Y/N wouldn't stop complaining all the way there, but didn't do anything to pull her arm away either. Eventually, the two made it inside and Osoro turned to face her childhood friend.

"Y/N, you've got to stop confronting people for no reason. You promised not to bully anyone unless they give you a hard time, and those guys are innocent" Osoro explained. However, this only made the H/C-haired girl angrier.

"And what do you know Osoro!? Why do you care so much?" She sneered, crossing her arms yet again over her chest. Osoro glanced around and then sighed before turning to look Y/N earnestly in the eyes.

"I care because... that would have been me if you hadn't defended me back in middle school."

Y/N gained a blank expression before relaxing slightly and looking away. She hated showing emotions in public, even if it was only to her best friend.

"Okay, I'm sorry... I just had a rough morning" she mumbled. Osoro quickly pulled her into a hug, before letting go and wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"I know, I'm sorry too."