Fourty-Two | A Cruise

Bella Ryan

Bella Ryan

-

A Cruise

♤♤♤

I pulled my shirt down as the doctor finished examining my side. My usual weekly appointment with the doctor was today. Honestly, if Liliana hadn't told me to do this, I would not even bother about stepping inside the academy's infirmary.

My injuries didn't take long to heal and besides, I was used to being hurt, anyway.

"How are her injuries, dottore?" Liliana, who stood beside me, asked the doctor.

"Stanno meglio, signora. Miss Bella's injuries are healing at quite a fast pace." The doctor informs, glancing at her clipboard then back at Liliana.

Liliana let's out a sigh of relief. "That's good to hear."

"Doctor," I say, calling her attention as I stood up from where I sat.

"Si, miss Bella?" The doctor asks.

"If I may ask, how is Jace's condition?"

"Signor Mendoza? His condition is still the same before, he's slowly recovering. He is currently in his room as we speak." The doctor informs.

"Ah, I see." I mutter.

"We can visit him, if you'd like." Liliana says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"About that. Signor Mendoza is currently resting, his doctor had told us to not disturb the patient." The doctor cuts in, scratching the back of her head.

"I was on my way to Papa's office, can I at least pass by Jace's room on my way?" I ask her.

Since my injuries were now healed, i've decided that it was time for me to get back on the field. Doing missions and such. And what better way to do that than asking Giovanni for a mission? He, after all, ran an assassin academy. They get calls asking for someone's hit quite frequently.

"You can, signora. As long as you don't wake him up."

"I'll come with you. I was on my way to Giovanni's office, anyway." Liliana says before we exit the infirmary, heading towards Jace's room.

I turned the knob, opening the door as I entered, Liliana entered after me.

The both of us looked at Jace, who peacefully slept on his bed. The injuries he got from the explosion had completely healed, his body was back to normal. His memories, however, are slowly coming back-as the doctor had said.

"Jace is quite taking his time, eh?" Liliana comments.

"I guess." I shrug. "From everything we went through these past months, he deserves all the rest he can get." I say, as I start to head out of the room, Liliana following closely behind as we made our way to Giovanni's office.

Liliana nods, agreeing with my statement. "How about you? Don't you think you deserve to rest to?" She questions.

"I am. Why do you think I'm staying here?" I ask, raising a brow as I eyed her in confusion.

"Really? From what I see what you've been doing doesn't count as resting." She says with a chuckle.

"I'm only training students and helping Papa with some of his works, and for me that works as resting."

"Don't beat yourself up too much. You deserve as much rest as everyone else does." She says before knocking on the door of Giovanni's office. Liliana did not wait for a response as she pushed the door open.

Giovanni stood by the window, holding his phone by his ear as he talked to someone through the phone. He motioned us to sit while he took care of the call.

"So who is this man you want us to take care of?" Giovanni asks the caller. "Cairo Cervantes?" Giovanni queried as my eyebrows perk up at the mention of the name. Isn't that guy a politician?

"You want it done by this week? What your asking won't be done unless you have enough money to pay for it and if I may inform you, Cairo Cervantes' assasination will cost high." Giovanni states, brushing a hand through his hair.

"Alright. I'll see what I can do." He says before dropping the call.

"Someone asking for a hit?" Liliana asks.

"Si, the guy wants Cervantes dead." Giovanni says as my lips curl into a smirk, an idea popping jnto my head

"What brings you to my abode?" He asks us.

"I came here because I wanted to be sent on a mission. An assasination of a certain someone, perhaps." I say with a shrug.

"Luckily, the mission presented itself at my doorstep." I tell them with a smile.

"You don't mean-"

"Let me do it, Papa." I volunteer, referring to the hit for Cairo Cervantes. "Let me take care of Cervantes."

"Cervantes is a guy you don't want to mess with. His men are around him all the time and if I did send you, your injuries will only get in your way." Giovanni explains, clearly not wanting to give me the mission.

"About that. My injuries have healed, it wouldn't hinder my performance in any way." I reason. "Besides, you can't just stop me from going on a mission because you're worried about me. I may be your daughter but I am also an assassin who graduated from this academy. I am more than capable of killing the guy."

"Are you sure? Because if you take care of this mission I'm gonna have to send you away on a cruise for a week."

"A cruise?" I ask, confused.

"The caller wanted Cervantes' death by this week. Unfortunately for us, the guy's gonna be away on a cruise for the whole week."

"Think about it carefully Bella. It's a week you'll spend in the middle of an ocean. If something goes wrong, you have no means of escape." Liliana adds.

"I know. It's only Cervantes and his bodyguards though, how hard can that be?"

"That's where you're wrong. Cervantes has a powerful mafia as his ally, I wouldn't be surprised if he seeked their help."

"What mafia?" I question.

"I'm not sure. The Venetians, perhaps?" My eyes widened. The Venetians? Isn't that Gray's mafia?

I sighed. "Alright, I'll take note of that." I say, still intent on taking the mission. I won't let the fact that the guy was allied with the Venetians change my mind.

"Okay, then. I'll let you go but you'll have back ups on the cruise with you." He says. I was about to complain, wanting to go on the cruise by myself.

"No complaints. It's either that or you don't go."

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

♤♤♤

What do you think will happen on the cruise?

Remember to vote and comment!

Thoughts?

Stay safe, everyone!

Xoxo, Ara