Twenty-Four | The Birth of Apollo and Artemis

Edited 12/23/19_____Bella Ryan

Edited 12/23/19
_____
Bella Ryan

One month later...

For the past days, everything is slowly getting back to normal. The Panthers are back and are out of hiding. Well, I guess their argument with the Sicilians died down and they finally decided to be 'neutral' with each other. But, considering Lucas' business with the latter, I bet this neutrality would not last and a war will once again happen.

But let's hope that doesn't happen too soon.

Lucas and I continued walking down the halls of the headquarters. We were currently on our way to the gym-specifically the training room. I wanted to show him the progress of River and Bailey's training. And like I've hoped, a month is enough for me to train River and Bailey into a good shape.

"How are you holding up?" Lucas asks me out of the blue.

"Hm?" I respond, making him repeat his question again.

"Oh. I guess I'm doing okay. Despite all the shit I've been through." I chuckle.

"But really, who is this person who pulled you out of the Sicilian's?" He asks, tone filled with much curiosity.

"Curiosity kills the cat, Lucas." I smirk. Why does everybody want to know about Gray? What matters is I'm here, back in service.

He sighs before shrugging. "Yeah, but satisfaction brought it back." He, unfortunately, has a good comeback.

"Why would you want to know anyway?" I retort. But seriously, this is like the millionth time he'd ask me about Gray.

"Just wondering. We tried to save you ourselves, but when we got there, the whole place was an aftermath of a war zone." He informs me. They must've arrived a few hours--maybe minutes after Gray had left with me.

"Everyone in that mansion is either dead or gone." He says. "So, would you answer my question now?"

"Nah." I answer before I enter the gym. River and Bailey were sitting on a bench, drowned in a deep conversation. As Lucas and I got near them, they must've noticed our presence since they turned their heads towards us.

"I heard you two have been having a great time." Lucas says, as if implying that he knows about the two's secret relationship. The teens' faces paled as a drop of sweat slid down my temple.

"Uh--what do you mean?" I nervously chuckle. Now if Lucas finds out about what the two have been doing, We're pretty much as good as dead.

"You know, a great time in training?" Lucas answers, fortunately. The three of us let out a deep sigh.

"Oh." The three of us mutter making Lucas face look more confused. "Am I missing something here?" He asks making us quickly shake our head no.

"No, no." I say to him, before I start explaining about the two's training.

"Back to their training, I tried to scope out as many fields that I can teach them and find their specialty." I inform Lucas.

"Let's start off with River." I start and entered the ring along side River. "As you know, River has a natural talent in Hacking. He can break into secured accounts and turn off security systems and such. To add to that, I figured that he also excels in stealth combat. He can fight with great speed that his targets won't even see his attacks coming." I finish, getting into a fighting stance.

"Fight me and don't hold back." Without hesitating, River starts to throw me a series of jabs and kicks as I dodge his attacks in a fast pace. I dodge a punch before catching his right leg that was heading for a kick. He launches towards me and throws me a roundhouse kick, making me quickly drop in order to dodge his kick. Finally, I catch his hand, ending our one-sided fight.

"Good." I smile before we climb out of the ring.

"That was surprisingly impressive." Lucas says making me raise my brow.

"What? You didn't expect a hacker to excel in physical combat?" I smirk, this guy really needs to stop stereotyping people.

"As for Bailey, we know that she has great knowledge in the field of medicine. But, I found out that she's also good in long range shooting." I inform Lucas, making his eyes widen in surprise.

He shifts his gaze towards his sister. "Really?" Bailey gave him a cocky smirk. "Yes, really."

We headed towards the shooting range. Bailey set up the equipment while one of Lucas' men set up the targets.

"Fire." I tell Bailey, making her start firing the all the bullets of the magazine in her Glock Pistol. After her bullets ran out, one of Lucas' men brought us the standee which was Bailey's target.

"As you can see, Bailey hit all critical spots. Three at the head, three by the heart, Two near the center of the chest, and of course, one bullet down-unser." I smirk, chuckling at the last bit. Bailey's lips also form a small smirk.

Lucas eyes me. "You taught her that, didn't you?" He asks me,,l eyebrows raised.

"What? Me? Psch." I scoff before adding: "Okay, I did." I chuckle as Lucas lets out a laugh.

"I know you did. You are the only one here who loves that kind of act." He says making me nod in agreement.

"Anyway, since you guys are trained enough, you'll now be a part of the gang." Lucas informs the two.

"Oh and your code names?" I ask them, excitedly.

"Code names?" Lucas asks, confused. "Those aren't necessary." Lucas adds making me shush him up.

"Oh hush, it adds more to the gangster vibe."

"We've thought about it." Bailey starts.

"I'd like mine to be Apollo." River says before Bella adds: "And mine to be Artemis."

"Like in Greek mythology?" I ask them, making them nod a yes.

"That's cool. Those two are siblings right? You know, Apollo and Artemis." Lucas says. I didn't know he read stuff about Greek mythology.

"Yep, Luc." Bailey answers.

"I bet you two already see each other as siblings." He laughs. "That's why you chose those code names."

I let out a loud cough. "Right."

Oh how wrong he is.

Suddenly, Jace runs in the room, panting.

"Lucas. Bella. I need you two to see something." He says between breaths.

Something tells me what Jace was gonna show us is an important matter. So Lucas and I followed behind Jace and ran to the conference room. A laptop was on the table connected to the projector. It was a video.

The video is paused, of course. But the thumbnail was something that made my blood boil.

It was a logo of a serpent.

It was the logo of the Sicilian Mafia.

>>><<<

Thoughts?

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

xoxo,

Ara