Fifteen

I never knew my life would turn out this way honestly. I joined up in a youtube channel called Smosh and ended up falling for one of my coworkers who doesn't even like me back. I've cried over him. I've dropped more hints than I like to admit, but he still hasn't seen a single damn thing.
     It's been two weeks of me trying to hint that I like him whenever I can and he sees it as a friendly gesture.
     "Courtney, what are you doing on the floor?" Shayne asked. I turned myself around and looked up at him.
     "This is my home. I am one with the floor," I said, "Leave my kingdom at once, peasant"
     "Uh, no. In fact, I'm going to invade your kingdom, your majesty," he laid down on the floor next to me and pushed me lightly. "I attack thee. What will you do now?"
     At this point we were both on the floor facing each other. We stared at each other for what felt like hours.
     "I don't know. I feel defenseless from your attack," I said lightly. If there was any chance that this is the time to kiss him, I would love to actually be able to.
     "Does that mean I win?" He asked smiling.
     "It would appear so," I smiled back. He sat up and I did too.
     "So, I guess it's time to head home, huh?" He asked looking towards me.
     "I guess so," I looked around. No one was there. We were both here after everyone had left to finish up writing.
     "Well, then let's go," he stood up and held out a hand for me to grab. He helped me up and I was pulled close to him. We were so close at this point. I'm finally gonna do it. I'm gonna kiss him, and it won't be a stage kiss!
     "We're kinda close right now, don't you think?" I looked him in his beautiful eyes.
     "Oh, sorry I didn't mean to get so close. I was just trying to help you up," he started to back away.
     "No it's okay," I stopped him, "I kinda like being close to you"
     The next thing I did was the bravest and best thing I ever did. I kissed him. We kissed for what felt like eternity. He let go and seemed surprised that I did that.
     "Courtney? Why...did you kiss me?" He asked stunned.
     "I don't know, it just felt right," I said, "Don't you think so too?"
     "I sure do," he leaned in again and kissed me. We kissed until he pulled away again and I opened my eyes to see my dark bedroom. I sat up quickly and looked around. The clock next to me read 3:45 am. It was a dream.
     I fell back onto my bed and covered my face with my hands. I cried until I fell back asleep. It felt so real. I wanted it to be real. Why couldn't it be real?