An Unwanted Surprise

Your boyfriend Ruel has never yelled at you before. Nor hit you, call you rude things or touched you inappropriately. But yesterday he just told you to fuck off for no reason and yelled at you when you tried to calm him. So you decide not to talk to him, and leave Sydney and your career behind for a little bit and return to your hometown Canberra.

Y/n I'm sorry I was really stressed about the new album.

Y/n pls forgive me I'm actually sorry, where are you?

Y/n I'm starting to worry where are you? I haven't seen you at home for the past 3 days?
Seen

You wanted to answer him but you also wanted a break from your Sydney life. Back at your school with your friends, you missed so much. You did miss him too but it was only a matter of time before you'd return to Sydney and reunite with him.

One lunch, like always, you sat on the bleachers with some of your friends chatting while the others played on the oval. That's when you saw a speck in the distance. That speck turned into a blob, then a figure, and finally a tall boy with dirty blonde curtains, wearing a white shirt tucked into jeans.

 That speck turned into a blob, then a figure, and finally a tall boy with dirty blonde curtains, wearing a white shirt tucked into jeans

Before your mouth could drop your friends were already crowding around and talking.

"Hey isn't that Ru-elle or something?" Your friend Kendric asked.

"Yeah, like the guy from Sydney who all the girls drooool over?" Another friend replied.

"Oh my goooooddddd wtfffff I love him so much, what is he doing here?" You friend Layla exclaims.

"He's soooo hottttt look at himmmmm," your other friend says.

You wince in awkwardness. Your relationship with Ruel was secret, no one knew anything about your Sydney life, except that you were pursuing a music career.

Your mouth dropped open, and soon he was at the bleachers. He just smirked and sat next to your draping his arm around you. You rolled your eyes. You really didn't want to deal with this right now. You could see all your friends gawping at you, shocked, so you launched yourself off the bleachers. You heard Ruel sigh and follow you up the path leading away from the oval.

He grabbed your wrist, and you turned to face him. You pointed at your wrist with his hand wrapped around it.

"Don't. Touch. Please." You said, with no expression.

He smiled and let go before saying, "look, sorry, it was stupid. I was stressed with the new album and I took that stress out on you. It's the stupidest thing. I'm sorry. Like really sorry." He looks at you in the eyes, with sadness and regret.

You finally give up and chuckle softly, "Oh Ruel it's fine, I guess I was stressed too, I just wanted to come home andI wanted to see my friends at school I guess." You hugged him and he kissed, until you pulled away, "Ruel we're at my school!"

You walked back to the bleachers, finding your friends still shocked. As the questions started drowning you, you just shrugged, hugged them goodbye, as you decided that you were returning to Sydney.

The next day, you roll over and unwrap your arms from Ruel, who was still asleep. You checked your phone and groaned. 379 DMs? Seriously? You decided to deal with them later, as Ruel started to stir.

"Y/nnnnnnnn," he croaked at you with his morning voice. "Come back I wanna cuddle with youuuuuu." And then he fell back asleep. You smiled at him and nestled in close. It was gonna be a while before you leave this place again.