Alone

You haven't left your apartment for two weeks, three days and seven hours. The exact time in which your boyfriend Ruel hasn't contacted you replied or picked up any of your calls. You just cry and sob hoping that he would come home early someday.

You guys share the apartment, and whenever you decide to stay up to wait for him, you drift off to sleep long before he gets home. You're starting to doubt whether or not he even wants to be with you anymore, that thought sends sharp pains through your body.

One night, around midnight you, hear the bedroom door open, and you peek through to see a tall figure. He walks over to the bed quietly, as you feel the mattress being weighed down. He obviously thinks your asleep because you hear him taking off his jacket and then he just lay there next to you.

He props himself up on his elbows and gives you a quick peck on the cheeks, which were salty and wet from crying. He seems to notice as you feel him staring at you. He sighs and lays back down curling up.

You sniffle and turn to face him, your eyes red and puffy from crying. He looks as you shocked you were awake, and you guys just stare at each other, until you sigh and turn back around.

"Are you okay?"

You decide not to reply. You hear him sigh and put his hand on your arm.

"Look, I'm really really sorry ok? I actually had to finish the new album and it was really hard, I had to spend as much time as I could at the studio. I was really stressed too an-"

"Doesn't mean you need to ignore me!" you fire back at him.

"I didn't want you to worry about me," he mumbles quietly.

"Not worry about you? You only made me worry more, do you know how much pain you put me through? I didn't leave the house, I cried every day, barely ate, counting down the hours till you'd talk to me, doubted whether you loved me anymore and you're telling me NOT TO WORRY?" You cried through sobs.

Ruel POV

Seeing her like this felt like getting stabbed. She looked like she was so hurt, and I just felt guilt washing over me.

"You're so stupid." She sobbed.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Stupider than that pot plant."

"Stupider than that pot plant." I agreed smiling slightly. 

"You're the most idiotic person in the whole entire universe," she said still sobbing.

" Mmm I don't kno-"

"It was a statement."

I smiled and kissed her on the neck. She obviously wasn't mad at me anymore, she's so understanding. But she's still hurt, I can tell. 

"You promise you'll never do it again?" she asked turning to face me.

"I promise."

She buried her face in my arms and shoulder and we just stayed there for what seemed like forever.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too."