|CHAPTER NINETEEN🌹|

Mrs Beckley crushed the rose. She increased the force on the plant until its thorns met with her flesh and red liquid dripped slowly.

"I hated being a murderer dearie." She continued.

"After my first kill, I wasn't satisfied. The hole and loneliness I felt after my family's death remained. Vengeance on your mother wasn't enough. My blood boiled for more. I hated myself. I had only two options in the world. I was either going to kill myself or keep slaughtering other humans until I was satisfied."

"I couldn't kill myself. If I did, I would be living in my mother's shadow. I was helpless and depressed like her. Killing myself would make me an exact copy of her. I hated the way I was. It was your mother's fault and though I had killed her, I couldn't stop there. I had to take everything from her. It was my turn to steal from her. Painfully I had killed your mother in haste, so you had to be the one to carry her pain. I also had to get rid of your father. I loved him, but he had betrayed me. He didn't even ask about me, when he heard of my parents' death. He acted like I didn't exist. So I got rid of him too. I was supposed to get rid of you but I had a better idea. I was going to make you suffer as much as I did. You had to know the pain of being an orphan just like I wanted Tina Willie to know the pain I felt. I wanted her to feel the pain of being called names. I wanted her to feel depressed even if it was once. That's why you had to face that pain for her Ramona!" Beckley said.

Anger bounced from my guts to a point in my brain that caused my head to hurt. I wanted to get rid of Mrs Beckley in an instant.

She was still talking. She continued laughing. She kept explaining the kind of pain she wanted me to feel.

For all the sorrowful years of my life I felt I had hurt someone and tried to figure out who it was. I was almost twenty three and yet I could not boast of having a normal life. I was more than hurt and my fist was clenched while fury burnt the black off my eyes.

"I did nothing! My parents hurt you but I did nothing to you! I didn't deserve any of the things you did to me. I didn't deserve a life of fear. The innocent people you killed? Mark, Rhonda, Mr Conner, Andre, Jamie.... They didn't deserve to die! You selfish bastard! You tried to justify your guilt and settle your past with the dead by killing people who had no idea of your existence, let alone your self-proclaimed painful past!! People I cared for! People I loved!! You truly are crazy. How could you do such a thing?!" I screamed.

The thought of all the people I had lost caused me great pain. I had felt grief all over me before. Only this time, it was stronger. I remembered them all. Their smiles and the bonds I had with them. I wept like a child.

"How did you...You stalked my father and I? You were the cause of the deaths in my school? You..."

"I've told you dearie. I killed them all. Speaking of that Rhonda girl...She was the blonde wasn't she?...I actually liked her you know. I used her hate to get to you. Rose in the locker!! You were really dumb to think Rhonda would do that. It was just my signature though, but you wouldn't have gotten a hint back then. Pain was eating you up real quick." Catherine Beckley confessed.

"You know, I wouldn't have killed that Rhonda girlie, but her mouth was just too big. I was almost caught because of that bitch! Anyways destroying your life when you were in high school was never impossible. It was merely a simple task. Yes it was. Yes. Yes it was indeed. All I had to do was stay close to you and destroy the new bonds you created with others. It was a piece of cake. To tell you the truth you made it quite easy, since you only had one friend and had no concern with your surrounding or people in it. Besides, posing as a teacher in your school sucked but from the dead body count, it was all worth it. Yes. Yes. It was worth it indeed. Don't look so surprised. It's a good thing you weren't so popular like your mother. Your ability to separate yourself from the crowd was spectacular. You knew no one else but your friends and yourself. That was a good thing though, if not you would have recognized me the first time we met at your doorstep, here in L.A. Ha! Ha! You really made it easy dearie. Yes you did." Beckley smiled.

I got sick. She was an epitome of pure evil. I no longer cared if she was the kind old woman who did my laundry or gave me pity meals.

A huge part of my heart wanted her dead, while the other sobbed at the present betrayal I had to face.

Was this really Mrs Beckley? Did she really kill all the people I had come across until my present?

I still had a lot to ask her even though I knew her dangling tongue would just open up old wounds.

The answers were painful but they were what they were. Answers.