|CHAPTER THIRTEEN🌹|

Hot sun rays soon gave way to certain chills in the air. Red, brown and yellow leaves flew about the city of Los Angeles in the name of autumn. 

Soon the city would be wrapped in white flakes and frozen icicles. Seasons had changed and so did I for the sake of all I had gone through.

The horror of the previous week passed by quickly like the wind on a large flower spotted valley.

My heart though filled with despair at a moment, was replaced by warmth due to the new love Wesley Stark and I had found.

I welcomed the new week with hope and tried to forget the letter I found in Wesley's home. I had forgotten about it but I carried caution with me in my pocket, in the form of a gun.

For safety reasons until the Crucifier was found, I followed Wesley Stark wherever he went. 

For the time being, his work at the Police Department was far from reach since he needed to recover. 

Still, the library in his apartment had boards, chart and papers pasted on every corner intercepted and stained with markers and inks of varied colours. 

We formed our own investigation team with the help of Wes' intellect and my experience as a treasured victim. 

We had to find the Crucifier. 

The sooner we found the devil behind the horrific moments of my life, the better.

In our spare time, which we always had, Wes and I often strolled to various places in town. We discovered that staying put in one place and having a particular routine, gave the Crucifier more information on our daily lives.

"If we're spontaneous, the Crucifier would never see an opportunity to make threats or attack any of us. He won't be able to predict us. So we could be safe for now until we get the bastard. Look at it in the way of protecting yourself and having fun at the same time. We can have countless dates without worries." Wes often said. 

Most times, all we did was talk and eat, but I treasured every moment I spent with Wes, because according to my heart it was all worth it. 

The jokes, playful activities and kisses often replayed in my mind every night before I went to bed. I often moved with the night into a deep sleep with blushed and hot cheeks. It was childish and embarrassing but I loved it.

On a certain cool day, we decided to pay a visit to the park and have a little picnic on the green carpet before it would be covered in white rugs. 

We searched for a good spot. I found an open space close to the lake, far from disturbances and other people but not so far that we could not escape if anything bad was to happen. Caution was the most important thing.

"Wes! I found a place. Over there! That spot's perfect. What do you think?" I asked Wes as I pointed to the beautiful portion of the valley still spotted by daises and dandelions lain under a cherry tree.

"You're right. It's great Ray."

We made our way to the quiet and secluded plot in haste. 

At a point I tripped and dropped the basket filled with our meal. In that moment, a dark object slid out of my out of my jacket. I picked up my secret weapon quickly. 

Wes helped me up but his eyes were widened by the element of surprise.

"Is that...Is that what I think it is? Ray is that a gun?" Wes asked. 

He had seen it already and there was no point in trying to lie, I had a valid excuse.

"Yes Wes. It's a gun alright. So what if I carry a gun?"