vlog 29: compass points you home

l̷̢̩͖̯̈́̃͂̏͛͋̚o̴̯̮͓̮̫̭̼̒ą̶͇͓̺̳̳͚̳͖̼̀̇̈́̚͝d̵͈̗̠͔̹͕̰͍̜͓͋̅̎͛̀̉ï̶̱̲̦̖̈́͛͂̀n̸̝̮̝̅͗͑͐̆g̷̢̪̘̥̑̇̎͒̓͝͝ ̷̦̯͎̰̄d̸̨̢̳̳̳̹͙̭̯͛͠ͅi̷͍̖̳̲͓̹̥̔̓͜ș̷̯̘̺̜̦͎̐̑͆̌̈́c̴̢͉͔̬̜̱̼̠͓͎̊̄͋͝

. . .

𝚟𝚕𝚘𝚐 𝟸𝟿:
𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎

     taehyung stands on the roof of the building, overlooking the city that still shines

taehyung stands on the roof of the building, overlooking the city that still shines. he wonders if it's more survivors saying i'm still alive!

the zombies down below walk from one end to another, hungry eyes missing taehyung who records them with the old camera he has. he's also written a few observations in a journal.

     can take up to 30 min to change
     react to noise
     good vision – can they see in the dark?
     no heightened sense of smell
     travel in hordes (small groups)
     fast — up to a full sprint
     black veins appear around the hosts body
     decay?
     origin of outbreak — unknown
     killed by blow to the head

     "what are you doing?"

     taehyung looks back at jeongguk, who maneuvers past chairs and boxes. he quietly scoots a chair next to his, allowing jeongguk to sit next to him. "just writing notes, look. you see that one?" taehyung points to a zombie, "she's standing away from the rest. and she's just staring at her hands. that's odd isn't it? almost looks like they're still human."

     but jeongguk is staring at taehyung. from his outgrown bangs to the slope of his nose to the dip of his chin, jeongguk is ultimately lost in the art that is kim taehyung. i would've gone crazy if you had died.

     "what?" taehyung snaps his attention to the raven, ending the video footage as he stores it away.

     shit, did he say that out loud? "nothing. but yeah, it's odd."

     then it's silent. taehyung scoots back from the wall, staring up at the full moon in admiration. jeongguk feels the awkward  tension between the two, but he can't really find anything to say. plus, it hadn't been too long since his last words to taehyung had been something along the lines of i don't want you to come.

     there was something heavenly about taehyung. no matter how much jeongguk had given him hell in uni, the older still had his kind nature. taehyung could've easily complained about him and the other students who terrorized him. so why didn't he?

     "i wonder what happened to the rest of our classmates. do you think they're safe?" taehyung asks quietly, his eyes still glued on the moon.

     jeongguk shrugs, "i'm not sure. let's hope they did."

     "you're right."

     the silence follows once again. they sit in the dark for a few more minutes, until the soft pitter patter of rain makes them stand up and head back inside. the zombies don't seem distraught over the sound and touch of the water, nor do they try to chase the sound of thunder and the objects that fly across the streets.

     "there's a storm coming," jimin announces to the group, "i've already decided yoongi and i will be sleeping on the couches, so tae and jeongguk and duck will share the bed."

     jeongguk wants to physically melt into the ground and evaporate. he knew the midget was doing this on purpose by the way jimin's thick lips lifted at the corners. "i found some headphones in case anyone is bothered by thunder," yoongi snatches them before anyone can say anything.

     it's a good thing taehyung enjoys storms, but he's worried about how duck will react to the situation. "i brought some clothes a couple days ago, feel free to grab anything," jimin points to a suitcase that stands against the wall.

     "we can go to the clothing store next door tomorrow to get anything else. i've secured the back gates and its zombie free," jimin hands out water bottles, setting one down for himself on top of the table.

     yoongi whistles, "look at you park, zombie apocalypse pro."

     "thank you hyung. i'll be putting duck to sleep now, rest well," taehyung picks duck up and lets the little baby rest his head on his shoulder, the little one murmuring incoherent tired words.

     once he's inside the room, jeongguk glares at jimin. "sleep well," jimin winks, turning his back on the raven and starting a conversation with yoongi, who eyes jeongguk as he also steps inside the room, shutting the door. 

     "he gives me bad vibes," yoongi comments, plugging the headphones into his phone.

     jimin takes off his shoes and clothes, quickly changing into a set of sleeping clothes. yoongi is quick to check him out. "jeongguk? please, the kid's a loser. he has this strong facade, but deep down he cares about everyone, even if he doesn't want to admit it."

     jimin hands yoongi a pair of sweats and a tee, "thanks. that's probably true."

     inside the room, taehyung removes duck's sweater and leaves him in only his undershirt and underwear, folding the rest of his tiny clothes and setting it on top of backpack. "are you cold duckie?" he asks, rubbing the little boys legs.

     duck shakes his head, climbing higher onto the bed before laying flat down, making grabby hands at the bottle of milk on the table. "there's only one blanket?" jeongguk asks, looking around for another.

     "oh, here let me look. can you look after duck?"

     jeongguk nods, going back to the bed and sliding into the covers to lay next to duck, who gives him a small little smile. taehyung opens the shelves, managing to find a small blanket.

     "you can keep that one, i'll share this one with duck. i hope he's not a crazy sleeper," taehyung hands duck his bottle of milk and extends the blanket over his tiny body.

     taehyung pulls out his own sleeping clothes, shyly asking, "could you turn around for a bit?"

     jeongguk takes the hint and nods, turning to face the opposite wall. after shuffling out of his pants and shirt, taehyung successfully manages to put on his sleeping clothes. he climbs into bed, scooting duck closer to him.

     without shame, jeongguk changes without a care in the world. it reminds taehyung of their first night in the cabin. he closes his eyes, holding onto duck's hand until both of them eventually fall asleep. it's been a long day, jeongguk looks at the two and feels bad that his blanket is much bigger than the one taehyung and duck are sharing.

     so he takes switches their blankets, carefully covering taehyung's body. he can hear the thunder from outside, he's glad it's not bothering either of them.

     jeongguk lays down next to duck, facing taehyung. although the little boy is in between them, he can still perfectly see taehyung's resting face. he's so pretty, so fucking perfect, it's hard to hate him. eventually, he also falls asleep, but not before turning off the lamp.

     and whether or not he consciously draped his arm over taehyung's, that was something he would not answer.

a/n ngl, this was a filler chapter. but i hope you enjoyed some domestic taekook nonetheless!
taking into consideration that tae is actually supposed to be documenting this whole experience, i need to write him actually doing so lmao. (might have to change the summary if i can't find good spots to do so)