Chapter 14-Paper Work

(Tw: Mentions of rape and abuse)

Chris Pov

I took her to the police station, and she was escorted to a interrogation room. Once she was gone, I immediatly stoped to talk to CPS. They saw me. "Hi. I was wondering what is going to happen to Hope?" She gave me a sincere smile. "Hope will be put into the foster system." I nodded before speaking up again. "Is it okay if I wanna file paper work to possibly become her foster parent, untill I'm able to fully adopt." She nodded. "Of course Mr.Evans. Just understand that right now she needs time. She has been through alot. So show her you care." I nodded, and she handed me paper work.

It took about 1 hour to get all the work signed. Scott was with me through the entire time. I went back to the CPS worker. "I'm done filling it all out." She took it and reviewed it all. "You are the new foster father for Hope Miller. After she gets out of the room, we will be needing to take her to the hospital to make sure everything is alright." I nodded. "So I will take her as soon as she comes out."

I went to Scott. "I am now a Foster Parent." He hugged me. "Congratulations." Just then Hope walked out of the room. She was in her long sleeve, and sweats. She walked up to the CPS worker. "Hi. Um. Are you going to take me now, or what's going on with me?" The CPS worker grabbed her hand which she flinched at. So the CPS worker said sorry, and led her to me. "No I think you have a foster home." She nodded. She still looked freaked out by being with us. We walked out, and her stuff was already with me. We got into the car. She starts talking to me. "Sooo. I-I've be-een texting yo-ou?" "Yeah." "So t-the oth-her ones, are th-he-ey th-h-e ca-ast?" "Yeah, they are." After that. She put her head on her knees.

HOPE'S POV

I out my head on my knees. I'm crying again. I'm not crying cause of me texting the cast. I'm crying cause I'm still freaking out about being with two men in the same car. I'm scared. I know they won't do anything, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm scared.

We ended up going to the hospital probably for a check-up. I get out, and walk in with Chris and Scott. We checked in, and waited about 30 minutes. We went inside the room, and they asked about the injurys. The doctor was very nice. She told me that I had to take off my shirt to bandage my back, since I had cuts, and bruises all over. I looked at Chris, and he seemed to understand to get out. He came back in as soon as they finished. They did a few more things that I have missed out on. Such as blood work, vaccines, and a physical. They also had to bandage my arms, and stitch some of the deeper cuts. After that we left the hospital, and probably ended to the house.

I didn't even notice that we got to the house. "Hey Hope. We're here." I nodded and got out of the car. I went to the trunk, and got my bags out. Which Scott and Chris took immediatly. "I-i cou-ld d-o it." Meanwhile looking at the ground. "It's fine. We wanna help." I eyes stayed glued onto the floor.

We walked inside, and it was a nice house. I stayed blank though. There was a brown dog. "That's Dodger." Chris said. I nodded. Chris told me to follow him, which I did. Also did Dodger. I got into the room. It had a king size bed, a closet, and a desk. Scott and Chris put the bags on the bed. Chris spoke up, "Well. Get settled, and dinner is in an hour." I nodded. I unpacked everything, and took a shower. Once I got out, I still had about 20 minutes. I decided to text the group chat. The one with Seb, Anthony, Tom, and Chris only.

Hope:
Hi

Tom:
It's my Sister!!!!!

Anthony:
SHE'S BACK

Seb:
Hey Kid.

Hope:
Sorry for not texting for 2 days.