Chapter Two

"You guys saw that right?" JJ questioned as we all made our way up to the surface.

"Yeah." We all said as we began to laugh.

"That's a Grady White." JJ exclaimed as we all swam over to the boat. "A new one of those is like five hundred Gs, easy. That's a primo rig." We climbed onto the boat and I took a deep breath as I started to squeeze water out of my hair and John B looked at me.

"That's the boat I saw when we surfed the surge." He said. "Maybe it hit the jerry or something?"

"You surfed the surge?" Kiara questioned.

"They both did." Pope said. "Like idiots."

"That's it. Pogue style." JJ smiled before high fiving both me and John B.

"Do we know whose boat that is?" Pope asked.

"No, but we're gonna find out." John B said as he grabbed the anchor.

"Dude, it's too deep." JJ told him.

"Oh, for the weak and feeble, JJ."

"Well, I'm not resuscitating you. I'm just making that clear up front."

"That's fine." John B smiled before walking to edge of the boat.

"John B." Kiara frowned.

"What?" Kie didn't respond but I could see by the look on her face that she was worried about him.

"Diver down, fool." Pope said.

"Diver down." John B repeated.

"Yeah, he is." JJ exclaimed before pushing John B off of the boat.

Me, Kiara, Pope and JJ all ran to the edge of the boat as we waited for John B to come back up. "Should we go get him?" Pope asked before John B came to the surface and began to cough.

"Oh, my god. That took forever!" Kie told him as he swam over to the boat.

"Any dead bodies?" Pope questioned.

"Looting potential?" JJ contributed.

"No. No. I found this motel key." John said as he held the key up.

"A key?" Pope asked him.

"Yes, a key, Pope."

"Great. We salvaged a motel key." JJ sighed as he helped John b get back in the boat.

"We should report the wreck to the coast guard. Maybe we'll get a finders fee." Kie suggested as we began to drive off.

"Yeah, and not work all summer." JJ smiled. "Thanks Agatha, ya batch."

***

I waited outside with Pope and Kie as JJ and John B went inside to report the wreck to the coast guard. "Kie can I talk to you for sec?" I asked her.

"Sure." She said before turning to Pope.

"Alone?"

"I'll just wait over here then." Pope sighed before walking away.

"Be honest with me," I began. "Are you into John B?" Kiara sighed and looked away.

"Even if I was. It wouldn't matter." She told me. "No Pogue on Pogue macking. Remember?"

"That rule is bullshit and you know it." I said.

"It doesn't matter. It's the rules." The girl sighed before walking over to the boys. I followed her and bit my lip.