𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"I swear to god, Ben! If you don't get me to the hospital right now then I'll perform a vasectomy on you myself!" A nine month pregnant Maggie yelled at her husband as the pain of her contractions became worse and her water broke.

"I don't doubt that." Ben mumbled, supporting his wife as she waddled to the car.

Once inside, Ben drove to the hospital as fast as he legally could without breaking the speed limit. He listened as his wife yelled at the pains that she was feeling and he tried his best to help her with some breathing exercises that her midwife had taught her.

Once inside the hospital, the doctors and nurses rushed to get Maggie into a bed so that she could be more comfortable as she went through the contractions.

"This baby better be worth it because at the moment, it's being a little prick!" Maggie yelled once again as another wave of her contractions hit and Ben didn't know whether to laugh at how aggressive she was being or to be scared.

"The doctor and the midwife will be in shortly to assess you." The young nurse smiled at the couple as she hung the clipboard back onto the end of the bed and left the room.

"I wish she would just come out. She's already a week late." Maggie groaned, already feeling tired from the hours of contractions that she had been having and the restless nights that were caused by the baby kicking her constantly.

"She'll be here soon, Bubba." Ben pressed a kiss to the top of his wife's head just as the doctor walked in.

After a few minutes of checking her over, she decided that it was time for Maggie to push.

The pain was excruciating. It was like nothing else that Maggie had felt before in her life. it was also exhausting and those two didn't go well together in Maggie's book.

It wasn't too long after that the couple heard the cries of their baby girl. the nurses made sure that she was cleaned up before handing her over to the new mother and allowing her to do skin to skin contact.

"Do you have a name picked out?" The young nurse looked in awe at the happy family, hoping that one day, she too could have what they have.

"Yeah, we were-" Before Maggie could finish her sentence, Ben cut in, a new idea popping into his head.

"Actually, I know we decided on a name for her but what about Valentina?" Ben suggested and if Maggie wasn't already emotional enough having just birthed their child, she certainly was now.

"I love it." She leaned up and pressed her lips to his before handing him their daughter for him to hold.

As Maggie watched the pair, she realised that their daughter was Ben's double. In that moment, Maggie realised that Valentina would be a daddy's girl and that they would always be making mischief together.

***
"Valentina, escúchame," A slightly older Maggie Chilwell tried her very best to get her daughter to listen to what she had to say inside the very crowded king power stadium.

Valentina was now five years old and she was waiting excitedly for her dad to emerge from the tunnel and onto the pitch.

"Sí, Mamá." The brunette child looked at her mother and all Maggie could see was a mirror image of Ben. It was almost scary how much the two looked alike.

"I need you to stick by me, okay? It's very busy and I don't want you to get lost." The five year old nodded her head and Maggie knew for a fact that none of the information had gone into her head because that's exactly what Maggie did as a kid; pretend that she was listening.

The crowd erupted in cheers as the team in blue emerged from the tunnel alongside the team in red, Liverpool.

"Look! There's daddy!" Valentina pointed at Ben as her mum was lifting her up. Valentina's tanned hands waved to her dad who waved back at his little princess.

The game was a long ninety minutes for Maggie as she tried to prevent her child from becoming bored. Her attention span was too short to last a whole ninety minutes.

"Daddy!" Valentina ran towards her dad in the tunnel once the game was over and he kneeled down, engulfing her into his arms.

"Were you good for mummy?" He asked his daughter as Maggie appeared beside him. He stood up with Valentina in his arms and kissed her lips softly, loving that his family was with him in a place that meant so much to him and Maggie.

Maggie still worked at Leicester as a physio but her hours were much less now that she had a child to look after. She was no longer available on match days because she had to look after Valentina but she was still able to do weekday training since their little princess had started school.

"I'm always a good girl, duh!" Maggie rolled her eyes at her daughter for she had passed down her attitude and sassiness to their daughter.

"She might look like me but the way she acts, she's just like her mum." Ben laughed as he looked at his wife, her beauty still blowing him away just as much as the first time he saw her.

"Let's go home and get some dinner." Ben placed Valentina back on the ground and held her hand in his lefT and his wife's hand in his right.

"Daddy, tell me the story of how you and mummy met again!" Valentina's little voice could be heard echoing through the tunnel.

The family of three made their way out of the King Power Stadium in a bubble of happiness.

Just as they made their way towards the end of the tunnel, Maggie looked to her left to see the picture of her mum still hanging.

"Te amo mucho, Mamá." Maggie whispered, blowing a kiss to her mum before looking back at her husband and her daughter, knowing that Valentina Montez would be proud of her daughter for all that she achieved in life and she still had so much more to live.

a/n: the end.

writing those last few paragraphs made me emotional for a number of reasons:

1. i have fallen in love with maggie and ben and their relationship and i'm really sad to be letting them go.

2. i'm proud of how far my characters, especially maggie, have come. maggie was once this girl that trusted nobody but rebekah and now here she is at thirty with a husband and a daughter.

3. the last scene with maggie telling her mum that she loved her as they walked out of the tunnel is beautiful in my opinion. i know we didn't get to see much of valentina montez in this story but the last two parts have been her place to shine.

4. you guys. you guys have supported me and this story right from the very beginning so i want to thank you all so much for everything that you've done. you never cease to amaze me. i love you all so much. 2k reads and 300 votes, i will be forever thankful to you all ❤️

shall we have one final question?

what was your favourite part of this story?
mine definitely has to be the epilogue when maggie, ben and valentina are leaving the king power stadium.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 - 𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 🎉