𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐯𝐞

"Shit, I haven't paid my rent for this month." Maggie spoke all of a sudden as she was lying in bed with Ben, waiting for their day to start.

"You're still living there?" Ben questioned as he turned over to face the brunette girl.

"Well, yeah." She shrugged her shoulders, not really sure how to answer that. As far as her landlord was concerned, she was still living there but she hadn't actually lived there since before the incident with her dad.

"Oh." Maggie didn't like Ben's short response. He sounded disappointed and she didn't know why.

"What do you mean 'oh'?" She asked, turning over to look at his messy bed hair, his stubble and his tired eyes. He was gorgeous at any time but Maggie was a big fan of how he looked when he just woke up.

"Well, I always thought that you just unofficially moved in." It was Ben's turn to shrug his shoulders as he looked around his bedroom that Maggie had helped decorate without meaning to. All of her makeup now lived in his bedroom and she had helped him accumulate different cushions and bed throws that 'matched the colour palette better'.

"Oh, I suppose I have, haven't I? Is that what you want? Because if it is, all I have to do is speak to my landlord." Her hand reached up to comb her fingers through his messy bed hair and Ben moved closer to her.

"Yes. My favourite parts of the day are when I wake up and your face is the first thing I see and when I go to bed with you in my arms. I also love your Mexican cooking. And hearing you mumble to yourself in Spanish." Ben listed, believing that he could go on for days if he really wanted but he didn't because he didn't want to bore Maggie.

"Okay, I'll talk to my landlord then. We are now officially living together." She leaned forward and pressed a kiss to the tip of his nose.

"Chop chop, you've got training and I've got work." The couple left their bed and decided that it would be a good idea for them to get ready for their day before they were late and they both ended up getting the sack.

***
In the treatment room, Maggie was going over some notes when she heard the door slam, making her jump out of her skin.

"Fuck. Ben, you scared me." She sighed, looking up at the taller boy, seeing how angry he was.

"Hey, what's wrong, bub?" She stood up and walked over to him, taking his hands in hers to try and calm him down but he removed them and started to pace.

"Ben, stop. Talk to me." He sat down on the treatment bed and Maggie winced, knowing that she would have to clean it afterwards.

"The fucking papers! All they do is make shit up and now they're targeting you too." Ben was stressed, it was evident in his voice and the way that he was pacing the room.

"It's not fair. Why can't they just leave you out of it?" Just as Ben finished his question, Ayoze Pérez knocked on the door, limping.

"Hola, como estás?" Maggie asked in perfect Spanish as she noticed the man standing in the doorway. She quickly got Ben off of the treatment bed, disinfecting it before helping the Spanish boy onto it.

"Maggie, are you even listening to me?" Ben asked, his voice slightly raised as he interrupted the Spanish conversation that was going on.

"I'm trying to work, Ben. Surely this conversation can wait because I'm trying to help your team at the moment." Maggie continued to assess the boy's ankle which seemed to be a little swollen, not looking up to see her boyfriend's annoyed face.

"Seriously? You're just not going to listen to me?" She knew that he was worked up but she was here to work and to help the team. It was what she was paid to do.

"Ben! Stop, okay! I'm doing what I'm paid to do. We have all the time in the world to talk about this when we get home. It's not that I don't care about what you have to say, I would love to be able to talk about this now but I just can't." Maggie was getting frustrated, wishing that her boyfriend could try and understand why she wasn't available to have this chat. It was unprofessional for both of them.

"Fine." He stormed out of the treatment room, slamming the door behind him and Maggie wondered how he had managed to be missing from training for so long and for no one to have noticed.

"Una reina del drama." Ayoze spoke, laughing to himself slightly and expecting for Maggie to laugh along with him but she just glared at him before going back to treating his ankle.

"Sea lo que sea, estoy seguro de que tiene derecho a estar molesto." whatever it is, i'm sure he has a right to be annoyed. Maggie told the Spanish boy because as annoyed as she was at his behaviour, she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

a/n: poor ben and maggie :(

i opted for the later update today because it was just a bit easier. i was walking my dogs at 12 and then i was helping my mum deliver face masks that my gran had made for family and friends.

the team that you hate the most? they can be from anywhere.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x