𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐞

After yet another long shift at the restaurant that Maggie worked at, she returned home to her flat to receive the fright of her life.

After locking the door to her flat, she walked into the small living room and let out a small squeal when she saw the figure that was waiting for her on her couch.

"Maggie, look at you! You're all grown up." The man was tall and lanky with shaggy, black hair, hints of grey peeking through. His voice was rough and scratchy, the result of smoking a pack of cigarettes everyday and his skin was wrinkled, him not ageing well.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice was small, timid even as a state of disbelief took over her body. She couldn't believe what she was seeing and who was standing in front of her.

"I just wanted to visit my daughter. Is that so bad?" Maggie's dad stood up from the couch and walked towards his daughter however for every step that he took towards her, she took a step backwards.

"Yes. You've never been in my life because you're always in jail. I want you out of my flat." Her tone was cold something that shocked her father even though he had no right to be. After all, it had been several years since he had last seen his daughter and he had no idea what his daughter was like.

"I've changed, Maggie!" He exclaimed, desperate for his daughter to take him in after just being released from jail. Again.

"You say that every time and you always end up in the same place. Leave." The arguing between the two grew more and more intense as Maggie's father grew more and more erratic which only scared the girl.

After an intense shouting match which included Maggie's father begging for her to let him stay since he had nowhere to go after being released from jail and smashing a mirror, the sound of sirens broke the two up.

"Did you call the police?" He growled, moving closer and closer to the cowering girl. He was not impressed. He thought that he could trust his daughter and he really did not want to be thrown back into a jail cell.

"How could I phone the police when my phone has been on the coffee table the entire time?" Maggie's voice was back to being strong, knowing that the police would be able to help her.

"Police! Open up!" Maggie's eyes darted to the door and seeing that she was closer, she ran and opened up the door seeing the police standing there looking less than impressed.

"We've had a noise complaint from your neighbours. They said that it sounded like an argument?" The male police officer, although looking tough, sounded almost sympathetic as he saw Maggie's distressed state.

"Yes. My Dad showed up for a 'surprise' visit and refused to leave when I asked him." The police officers walked into the flat and after seeing the damage that Maggie's father had done to her flat, they cuffed him and took him to the station.

"Do you want to press charges?" Maggie shook her head almost immediately, her brunette curls shaking as she did so.

"Not at the moment, no." She gave him a tired smile and he nodded, telling her that they'll be in touch.

Maggie was left feeling shaken up after the whole ordeal so she changed into a grey crop top and matching joggers before leaving her flat in the mess it was in and going for a long walk.

She didn't know where she was going or how long she was going to be out for but Maggie continued to walk, letting her aching feet take her wherever they pleased.

Fifteen minutes after she started walking, she found herself on a familiar doorstep. she knocked, once, twice and then three times before she stepped back and waited for the house owner to open the door.

"Maggie, what are you doing here?" The brunette girl lifted her head at the sound of Ben Chilwell's familiar voice.

"I'm sorry, I can go if you want it's just that the Vardy's have their family night on Fridays and the police came-" Maggie's rambling was cut off by Ben pulling her inside his home and looking at her with concern.

"The police came? Why?" He took the brunette girl into his kitchen and made her a cup of tea to try and relax her since she was still so obviously shaken up.

The next ten minutes were spent with Maggie explaining to her new friend about what had taken place at her flat.

"What happened between you and your dad?" Ben asked, leaning against the kitchen counter as Maggie sat at his kitchen table, not drinking her tea and only dipping the tea bag in and out of the hot beverage.

"He was horrible to my Mum and I. He was never in my life because he was in jail with various drug dealing and assault charges." She sighed, the memory of her childhood not a happy one and not one she wished to remember.

"I'm sorry, Maggie." He watched as a few tears escaped her eyes and listened to her sniffles. He always saw her as a tough girl but now he could see that like everyone else, she was vulnerable.

"Ben?" She whispered as she stood up and walked so that she was standing in front of him.

"Yes?" He looked into her red eyes and felt his heart ache for her. How could such a kind girl be put through so much?

"C-can I hug you?" Without any hesitation, Ben wrapped his strong arms around the fragile girl, letting her cry into his chest.

Maggie had never been a fan of human contact. She had always depended on herself and it was the only way that she knew, however, she actually enjoyed her hug with Ben.

She liked how he didn't see her as weak. He was warm and he made Maggie feel safe and comfortable, something that she enjoyed.

"Thank you, Ben." She mumbled into his chest, not wanting to let go of him.

"You don't need to thank me. I'll always be there for you." Ben whispered into Maggie's brunette hair and she smiled, trusting his words.

a/n: seven chapters in and maggie is finally showing ben some affection! we love that for him.

sorry it's late... again. wattpad really hates me at the moment.

favourite premier league manager?
i don't know who mine is, maybe ole, he just seems so sweet. sorry brendan but he's said too many things about my team.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x