𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐯𝐞

The get together at James Maddison's house was pretty lowkey and Maggie didn't mind one bit. She pretty much sat in a corner of the living room with Ben the whole night, getting to know him a bit better.

"You never told me what you did at university." Ben prompted, a bottle of beer in one hand and his other hand was resting on the beanbag that they were sharing, slowly inching towards Maggie's.

"Sports Physiotherapy. It's what my mum did and she gave the best massages so I decided that's what I wanted to do." She gave him a smile, her free hand also slowly moving towards his, their fingertips now touching.

Rebekah and Jamie Vardy had spent the whole night watching their two friends smiling and laughing at each other. They were like two teenagers who were crushing on each other but too afraid to say anything however, the couple were happy that Maggie was finally opening up to someone other than themselves.

"If you want to do physiotherapy, why are you still working in a restaurant?" Ben was curious. She was already on the path to following her dreams but he didn't understand what was stopping her from reaching that goal.

"I don't know. I've given my application to loads of places but they don't want me-" Maggie was interrupted by the sound of her phone pinging. She picked it up and read the message, immediately groaning once she read the contents.

"You okay?" The brunette boy could sense the change in Maggie's mood, wanting to see if there was a way that he could help and make her happy again.

"I've just been fired. My dad showed up there demanding to see me but I was at the game. They say it's 'dangerous'." Maggie's exterior was calm but on the inside she was panicking. She had rent and bills to pay this month but now she had no idea how she was supposed to pay them.

"You want to be a physio, right? I can help you with that-" Maggie immediately cut the brunette boy off. She appreciated how he was trying to help her but she had always depended on herself and this time wasn't going to be any different.

"Ben, you don't need to help me. Sometimes I have to fight my own battles." She covered his larger hand with her smaller one, giving him a small smile. she didn't know how she was going to fight this battle but she had to otherwise she would be living on the streets.

"Maggie, no. I can help you. Just let me help you this one time. Do you trust me?" Ben Chilwell knew it was a risky thing to do to ask Maggie Montez if she trusted him but he needed to know. He needed to help her since he knew the perfect job for her.

"Yes Ben, I trust you." Without saying another word, Ben took Maggie's hand in his own and lead her up the stairs of James' house and into an empty bedroom where they both sat on a bed.

Ben pulled his phone out of his pocket and opened up his contacts. He scrolled down before landing on the one he wanted, pressing the 'call' button.

"I have found the perfect person for the physio vacancy. She's finished university with a degree in Sports Physiotherapy from Leicester. She already knows most of the team." Ben's words flooded out of his mouth and Maggie sat there, horrified that she had let him help her. It was verbal diarrhoea. He didn't know when to stop.

"Her name is Maggie Montez." Ben turned to the brunette girl, giving her a thumbs up to tell her that it was sounding good but Maggie really wasn't convinced.

"Hold on, is your mum Valentina Montez?" Ben asked the girl sitting next to him, watching as she nodded her head, a sad smile on her face.

After exchanging a few words, the brunette boy ended his phone call and looked into Maggie's blue eyes.

"Maggie Montez, Leicester City football club junior physiotherapist. Sounds good, doesn't it?" He teased and Maggie could only look at ben with a confused expression, him not clearing anything up for her.

"Wait, did you get me the job?" She asked, astonished at how he managed it after how he made such a mess of the phone call.

"You're following in the steps of your mother." Without any warning, Maggie threw herself at ben, her legs wrapping around his waist and engulfing him in the biggest possible hug.

Ben had figured out that Maggie's mum was Leicester's best physiotherapist before she passed away. The club had her picture hanging somewhere in the stadium to remember her after she tragically passed away in a car accident. Now, Maggie could only hope that Valentina was looking down on her daughter with pride at what she was accomplishing.

"I could kiss you right now!" Maggie pulled away, still sitting on his lap and looked at his face. He was handsome. Maggie always knew that but in this moment, she was able to properly admire his features.

"What's stopping you?" Ben breathed out, he too admiring the features of the girl opposite him.

"The fact that I'm not drunk." She retaliated, rolling her eyes as she did so. It was a stupid thing for her to say because even though she wasn't drunk, she still felt the urge to kiss him.

"Since you've found so many exceptions to rules lately, shouldn't this be an exception too?" Ben whispered, his face inching closer to Maggie's who now had a smirk plastered on her face.

"Maybe it should." Maggie leaned in too, her lips meeting Ben's halfway. His lips were soft, a lot softer than she expected and they tasted ever so slightly of the beer that he had been drinking but she liked it. She liked it so much that she allowed for Ben to deepen the kiss. His tongue swiped across her bottom lip, begging for entrance and Maggie let him, enjoying the feeling of his mouth on hers far too much.

Maggie hadn't found something that she didn't like about Ben. Maggie wondered if she was beginning to like Ben as more than a friend.

a/n: they kissed!! i'm so happy for them.

question: can everyone see chapter four 'cautro' of this book? everyday when i go to upload a part, it tells me that it hasn't been published and i republish it everyday.

your ideal starting eleven. they can be from any team in the premier league.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x