𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐞

"That was it? That was the end of the date?" Rebekah Vardy asked her friend, brushing through Maggie's hair with her hands.

The poor girl was left heartbroken after the whole ordeal with Ben Chilwell. It had been almost two weeks and only now was she beginning to return to normal.

"Yeah, I don't get it. It was all so weird." The half Mexican girl sighed, looking at her phone only to lock it again when she saw that the Leicester defender still hadn't contacted her. She should've expected that after she had told him not to talk to her again.

"Maybe there's more to it than you think." Rebekah knew exactly why Ben did what he did. He had added her and her husband alongside James to a 'task force' group chat where they planned to take down Trevor Ross.

"It doesn't matter. He's out of my life now and I've been spending time with my dad." The young girl stood up from lying across Rebekah's lap and walked towards the kitchen where she made them each a cup of tea.

"You have?" This was news to Rebekah and she was shocked, something that could be heard in her question.

"Yeah. He's actually not that bad. He's been clean since he's come out of jail and he seems to really care about me." The smile on Maggie's face was one that Rebekah didn't want to crush. After so many years of fending for herself, Maggie now felt like she had someone in her corner willing to change for the better. Rebekah, on the other hand, wasn't so convinced.

"Are you sure? He's used you for money before-" Rebekah tried but she was automatically dismissed by the tanned girl shaking her head.

"It's different this time. I know it is." The mother tried her best to give a supportive smile although she felt it probably resembled a grimace more than a smile.

"Why don't you invite him to our end of summer party? We can get to know him a bit better that way." The idea was suggested by Rebekah, a new plan coming into her head and Maggie agreed, liking the idea.

"Sure. I'll text him right now." She pulled her phone out and composed a text message to her father and whilst she was distracted, Rebekah sent a message to their 'task force' group chat.

rebekah

new plan.
maggie has been spending
time with her dad so we're
inviting him to the party
next week.

ben

okay, so what are
you thinking?

rebekah

he'll most likely be
drinking so he's not
'clean' like maggie said.
i need either james or ben
to talk to her and when
trevor sees, he'll get
protective and reveal what
he told ben.

madders

sorry ben but i think
i should do the talking.
she's not your biggest
fan rn.

ben

exactly why i should do
the talking.
she causes a scene and he
comes over, threatening
me again.
she finds out what happened
and we phone the police
or something.

jamie

sorry james but ben's idea
is better.

rebekah

agreed. we've got this guys.

The second that Maggie walked over to the kitchen table, Rebekah locked her phone and put it away. Maggie grew slightly suspicious but she didn't question it, thinking that maybe Rebekah and Jamie were 'sexting'.

"You sure you're okay after Ben?" The older of the two brunettes reached across and placed her hand over Maggie's, trying to bring the young girl comfort but nobody seemed to bring her comfort other than the man that she was currently on bad terms with.

"I'll be okay. He's just a boy that I thought I liked. Looking back, I probably didn't even like him that much." Maggie lied straight through her teeth and Rebekah knew as her right eyebrow lifted ever so slightly.

Everyone around the girl was concerned for her. They had never seen her go through any form of heartbreak since she usually steered clear of boys and relationships but now that she was going through it, nobody knew how to help her.

She wouldn't accept help. She barely spoke to anyone, the people that she let in were Rebekah and she spoke to her dad but she didn't even speak to Jamie for she knew that he was friends with the boy who had caused this.

She didn't stay in bed or drown her sorrows in ice cream. Instead, she just got on with her day and acted as if everything was normal, as if Ben didn't exist.

Everyone around her could see that she was avoiding her emotions and it wasn't healthy. Rebekah desperately wanted her to crack. She wanted Maggie to break down crying and tell her that she missed him but she didn't.

Rebekah was scared. she was scared what would happen if Maggie continued to ignore how she felt and one day exploded. It wouldn't be a pretty sight and Rebekah hoped that she would be there to help with the fallout.

a/n: got to love how all of maggie's friends are looking out for her and are trying to protect her, they're so sweet!

best premier league moment you've ever seen?

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x