Eden was all about grunge fashion and dark colors, and Fay was a total pretty boy. There was no reason for them to even be associated together. However, that didn't stop everyone from hearing about Eden's sexuality and then running with it.

The hunger never went away as Eden continued to find things to distract himself with, but he got better at ignoring it.

Sat at a table full of girls, Fay giggled at their petty comments, pretending that what they said actually mattered. Cierra, the head cheerleader,  had asked him to sit with them, wanting to include him in any fresh drama they had to offer. Fay loved drama. He hated involving himself in it, but he liked knowing what was happening.

So he listened dutifully to the girls and their dramatics for the time being. He smiled and laughed, snorted and included sarcastic remarks whenever necessary. By the time lunch ended, he was sad to see it go.

Fay didn't particularly like those girls. They were all mean and judgmental, and they only liked him because he was gay, but he didn't mind them when they weren't saying anything too mean.

When school came to an unfortunate close, Fay sighed at the prospect of not having drama club today. Drama club happened on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, but often more because everyone always made extra time to meet up. This week, they hadn't planned any extra days.

Fay walked along the sidewalk, the sky a hollowed shade of grey and the wind a relentless beast making its presence known. He hummed four songs from Hamilton on his way home, repeating Aaron Burr, Sir a solid three times because it ended up getting stuck in his head.

When the gentle lavender paint of his house stood on the horizon, he began to skip the rest of the way, doing so in time with his humming. The porch steps creaked beneath his weight, growling like a hungry monster.

The doorknob was cold in his hands, obliging as he turned it and stepped inside. The house smelt of sugar cookies, a scented candle lit next to the door. Fay quietly took his converse off, setting his backpack by the door because he didn't feel like dealing with it. Besides, he didn't have any homework to do.

"Hey, Fay." Vivienne smiled when Fay entered the living room, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. It didn't take long for Fay to realize that something was wrong.

"What is it?" He asked her, sitting on the sofa next to her. He kept his face emotionless, not wanting to give away the worry within his mind.

Vi sighed, closing her eyes briefly as she did so. Once she had prepared herself, her brown eyes met his. "It's Char."

"Merde." Fay swore. "What happened this time?"

"I'm not entirely sure, it's not like he was making it clear." Vi looked more exhausted than a sixteen year old should. "He was screaming and well..." She pointed to a small table in the corner of the room. It used to have a lamp on it, but now it had nothing.

"Did you get him to calm down?" Fay drew his brown brows together, studying his sister with concern.

"He eventually started crying and ran upstairs. I tried to talk to him but it only made him angry again. I think this one might be for you." Vivienne explained. The tv hummed in the background, but neither of them payed attention to it.

"When's Maman coming home?" He asked as he stood back up, glancing at the wooden staircase.

"I'm not sure." Vi tucked a strand of long brown hair behind her ear. Fay hated how brave she always acted. The girl never allowed herself a break. "Probably in an hour or two."