Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Wedding and a Settled Bet

We made it guys! This is the last chapter of Rain and Teagan's love story! I'm a little emotional, yet excited to finish this project and move onto more. Thank you for your continued support of this book, it means a lot. Please don't hesitate to leave your comments at the end of this chapter letting me know how you liked it, maybe give me suggestions on what kind of romance book you'd like to see next?

Thank you!
—VIVKELLER23
—————————-

Teagan

One year later...

Rain was everything he'd never known he needed. Everything he'd wanted and convinced himself he could never have.

That was what made the thought that she was his an altogether humbling one.

Like a freaking fairytale. The Ice Queen and the Idiot.

Gavin shook his head. "If you're going to make a story out of your love affair with Rainy, you have to do it right!" the boy explained, looking unimpressed with Teagan's initial title. "You were an idiot when you didn't tell her the stuff about her father and your brother, but you didn't let her go. I'd say that was pretty smart of you."

Teagan smirked. The boy was decked out in a black tux and matching tie, but there was no mistaking the rascal he was. "Are you complimenting me?"

"Technically, but it's only because you haven't sent Rain running for the hills."

Thank God for that. Teagan couldn't imagine life without her beside him. Together, they'd managed to climb out of the toxic environment they'd grown up in to find strength in one another. They'd tossed down their masks to show their truth to the world, and he'd never felt more free.

Part of the reason for his light mood might have been that he no longer lived in the shadow of his worthless father. As far as anyone knew, Jamison Miller had fled town with little more than an "I owe you" to the gamblers he owed. The house had been foreclosed, but Teagan had found a new home renting out Grandma Santos' fixed garage.

One year had passed since that misty Thanksgiving evening. In that time, Rain had earned an Associate's Degree in business. She'd enrolled into Gray's marketing program in the hopes of one day being able to expand the women's shelter she volunteered at. She worked as a part time event planner at Christa's now that all ties with Randolf Sullivan had been severed.

Last anyone had heard, Randolf had moved to San Francisco in an attempt to escape the gossip that had greeted him in the wake of Rain's Twelve Treasons.

As for Timothy Jeffers, that bastard was serving a grand total of twenty years behind bars. Rain's  publication of the papers she'd posted on the doors of all who'd played a role in hurting her had set off a firestorm. Jeffers had left behind a lengthy list of women he'd attacked since raping Rain, and they wouldn't be silenced.

It was these women's testimonies that had forced the Jeffers family to find the best lawyer money could buy. Timothy wouldn't hang, but he'd suffer for his sins.

Teagan would have still preferred to kill him, but Rain assured him that if he went after the poor excuse of a man, she'd have nothing to do with him anymore. Since he loved her, he'd relented.

Because you already beat him to a bloody pulp twice!

He shook his head. Rain only knows about the one time so stop.

Gavin eyed him suspiciously, almost as if he could hear Teagan's internal conversation with himself. "You really are crazy, aren't you?"

If only the kid knew what Teagan had planned for tonight. That boy would have already arranged for Teagan to see a therapist.