Chapter Thirty-Five: An Impala, a Yukon, and a Brother

Sorry for the long wait! Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to hit that star to vote if you liked it!

-VIVKELLER23
—————————

Teagan

Now that he thought about it, maybe taking off without a word to anyone but the Santos family wasn't the brightest thing he'd ever done.

Oh, really? You want a list of the stupid things you've done?

Teagan winced. Alright so maybe one more mark to the list of things he'd done wrong wouldn't completely tip the scale. It wasn't like anyone who knew him would think to describe him as bright. He was lucid, had his moments of stellar common sense, but that was it.

So he shouldn't be surprised that after ruining the best relationship he'd ever had with a woman and telling his father to figure out his own crappy life, Teagan would find himself on a four hour drive to Los Angeles on a school day. The shocking thing about the trip was why he'd decided to make it in the first place.

After years of denial, of closing himself off from the world his father had tried to crawl his way into with his verbal cues about the family Teagan refused to acknowledge, he had finally given in.

Say whaaat?

Yep. That's right. Teagan Miller was done running the other way. If pretending to be the carefree, good for nothing, womanizing playboy hadn't helped him get over the past, well then he'd have to stop pretending.

All his refusal had accomplished was to make his life miserable anyway. Why not embrace all the problems in his life? It couldn't possibly get any worse than what it was.

He was going to see his idiot pop star of a brother.

Seriously? But you refused to take Mary Hale's offer to pay for tuition to college?

It was safe to assume that the inner voice of reason in his head wasn't pleased with his decision. Well, he wasn't trying to please anyone. He wasn't pleased with the current situation himself.

What the heck was the big deal with Dimitri Hale? Technically, the tickets he'd gotten Rain were for his tour set to start in the coming month, but local radios had been announcing Dimitri's plans to appear alongside Sydney Heard in Los Angeles to launch her new single.

Teagan shivered just thinking about the kind of mush the two had planned tonight.

Hale would probably do something very stupid, like propose to the screeching pop princess. Teagan didn't know much about his celebrity half-brother, but it was common knowledge that fans had been shipping Hale and Heard together since Dimitri first rose to fame. And if Teagan knew anything about celebrities is that they liked to do public, stupid paparazzi stints to boost their image. With the recent tabloid pictures of Dimitri Hale making out with a mystery blonde, it would make sense for him to pull off a move like that to squash the bad press.

But, Teagan didn't care either way. He was here for purely professional reasons. Dimitri Hale might be a good start in getting Rain to come back to him.

Teagan pulled into an empty curb spot with a blinking meter. It was one of the only ones he could see available and he didn't plan to stay long. He climbed out of the Impala, put some coins into the meter, and ran across the busy street towards the massive line he saw snaking the outer walls of the arena.

Brilliant plan, Sherlock.

Teagan rolled his eyes, already feeling a headache come on as the noise from inside the building grew to a crescendo. Shut it.