Chapter Seven: Voices and Demon Spawns

Hello, readers! I'm soooooo sorry it took so long to get this chapter uploaded. I struggled with inspiration for this one, but I finally got the ball rolling again. 

Thank you for continuing to read this story; I am so in love with the characters in this book, and I'm glad to be getting positive responses as well.

Anyway, to make up for being late, this chapter is a bit long! Also, enjoy the Wings cover above. I kind of think the song fits.

Please vote and comment if you like it.

--VIVKELLER23

--------------------

Teagan

It was Friday afternoon, but he wasn't halfway to the parking lot trying to start his weekend off like any other healthy college student would have if they'd been in his shoes.

Why were his feet carrying him to the library for the twentieth time since he'd met her?

God knew.

But the elderly librarian was beginning to look proud of him, as she was happy to see that for the first time since he'd become a part of the college student population, he was finally finding interest in something other than his next one night stand.

In a way, he was. He'd found an all-consuming interest in the one woman he could be certain a one night stand would probably never be enough.

He'd tried to talk himself out of it for about three minutes and failed miserably.

After eavesdropping on the Ice Queen's- crap, Rain's- private conversation with her mother, he hadn't been able to get the look of sadness on her face out of his head. Besides not wanting to have to answer her questions if she noticed his presence, Teagan walked away from the sight of her because he hadn't wanted to intrude on her private moment anymore than he already had.

So, now he had to go out of his way to seek her out at her home away from home just to see her.

She probably already saw him as a creep. No need to cement that assumption further by making her aware that coincidence had made him present during a very private moment.

Coincidence doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth for days, Mr. Tee.

That annoying, genuinely good part of him that he thought he lost sometime after finding out the reason for his father's resentment had made it abundantly clear that it was still very much alive and well inside him. The past two days had been filled with his good side's unfiltered comments about how he should be ashamed of himself. How offended that voice of reason sounded in his mind when Teagan looked at himself in the mirror.

And, though he had to admit that shame was definitely one of the emotions he had become acquainted with in the past two days, it wasn't the only thing he felt. It wasn't even the main one.

The good side inside of him, for all intents and purposes, the angel on his shoulder, was an unapologetically honest five-year-old who just got louder and louder the more Teagan tried to ignore it.

Absolutely brutal.

This morning, his good side announced that he'd caught on to Teagan's nickname and had been using it nonstop ever since.

Self-denial is gonna give you heartburn, Tee. Heard it from a bald guy who looked like he knew stuff once so it's gotta be true.

He was going to lose it, the little bit of sanity he had left, if the five-year-old angel on his shoulder didn't go to bed soon. You heard it from Dr. Phil.