~Memories of the Gladiator~

Start from the beginning

"Blaytz was the original Blue Paladin right? And he told you not to eat that?" Keith asked as he leaned over to Lana.

"Yes. His exact words were: "Whatever you do, do not eat the Paladin lunch. Coran may be an amazing engineer and mechanic, but he knows nothing about cooking"." She quoted. Keith looks at the plate again and felt like he was gonna hurl.

~Alaina of Voltron~

Meanwhile, in the medical bay, Pidge was there waiting for the prisoners to come out. Just then, Shiro walked in.

"You're as anxious as me." He says as he approaches the Green Paladin.

"These aliens we saved must know something about my family. They have to!" They exclaim looking at said aliens in the healing pods.

"I hope so." Shiro agrees and Pidge turns back to him.

"They recognized you, didn't they? They called you "Champion". What does that even mean?" They ask.

"I don't know. I can't remember very much from that time. But the way they looked at me when we freed them... I don't know if I really want to know." Shiro says, just as the pods began opening.

~Alaina of Voltron~

Back in the dining hall, Hunk came back from the kitchen with a tray of food he made and, with Amue's assistance, set them out on the table. Keith immediately started wolfing the food down. He went for one of the bowls when it was snatched away from him.

"Don't you at least have standard table manners?" Lana says and began eating, a lot more properly than Keith, who just sneers and went back to gobbling the food. "Mmm... Delicious Hunk, I've never had food like this before." The Altean Princess compliments and Hunk gives her a flustered smile in return.

"They like the paladin lunch." Allura says as she comes in.

"I don't want to talk about it." Coran said, salty that they rejected his food.

"I just got the final nebulon booster working. We should be able to leave Planet Arus tomorrow and take the fight to Zarkon." The Older Princess announced.

"Fantastic Princess." Amue compliments. "Speaking off, I'm gonna go down to the med bay to check on the prisoners and see if they are awake yet." She says and leaves the room. Once she's out the door, the castle alarms started blaring. 

The Paladins all stood up and Allura waves her hand, bringing up security feed from the front of the castle. The video zooms in on a spot, revealing an odd little creature.

"What is that?" Keith asked at the sight of it.

"I don't know what it is. Maybe it's a local Arusian." Allura admitted then theorized. The little thing then scurries forward. "He's approaching the Castle." She announces as it scurries further. Hunk coos at it.

"Well, it doesn't appear too dangerous." Alaina says observing the creature.

"You never know." Keith said, bringing out his bayard.

"Keith, no!" Lana retorts.

"Indeed, Alteans believe in peace first. Let's go welcome them." Allura agrees then suggests, and walks out to greet the creature.

"That's adorable." Hunk says following after.

"I wonder if he mind a hug." Lana says not far behind.

"I'm not taking any chances." Keith says bringing up the rear. They all walk to the front of the castle, opening the door. The creature, who was in front of said door, quickly ducks into a bush. The group walk up to said bush to say hello.