Returning To Normal Life

Previous on Runaway Lovers
Tails had finally saw a chance when they were fighting at Station Squared Center. He injected the cure into Sonic. Sonic had become normal and was confused of where he was wearing criminal clothes but he and everyone else had cheered it was over. Shadow had left knowing Sonic will visit him later.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sonic's pov
Life returned back to us. Tails and everyone had thanked Commander for the help. We all went to normal life the same routine as usual. Except I was wondering where Eggman had been all this fiasco. We haven't heard from him at all. Oh well. I decided to go for a run since I had missed it. I put on my usual sneakers and usual white gloves. The holes in my ears was still there but it will close up. I ran out feeling the wind but I knew I had to visit Shadow. He was helping me come back. I ran to Shadow's house as I stopped at his front door. Shadow had lived quite far from us but it was his way of keeping his distance and I don't blame him. I knocked on his door as I heard Shadow grumbling. Looks like I woke him up which I didn't mean to. Shadow had opened the door but he stood there shocked to see me. "What you want?" He asked as he stepped aside for me to come in. I walked in as I looked around. "I want to see you. But before I had became you know....I actually had feelings for you." I said as I turned around to face him. Shadow closed the door as he crossed his arms. "During the time your other self, I developed some feelings but I chose to ignore it until you were cured. That was the way to get you to understand feeling." He said as he walked to the couch and sat down. Sonic leaned on the couch as he got close to it. "You know, you might never know what the future leads." Sonic said as he chuckled receiving a nod from me. "We might never know." Shadow said as he chuckled a bit not caring if Sonic heard it.

No one's pov
Sonic and Shadow continued on their day talking as Shadow felt he got closer to Sonic with each passing moment. He knew one day he will have to face meeting Sonic's friends knowing Maria would had wanted him to do so. Shadow and Sonic felt that they got closer to each other as Shadow knew one day he would have to hang out with Sonic's friends. With Eggman gone or so they thought, Shadow became sorta a softie but little did they know Eggman was watching them as he had started his plan. It sure felt relaxing and peaceful but Eggman had started phase 1 of his plan. The heroes had noticed this while they were on a picnic. "Aw come on! I just got back to normal life!" Sonic cried out as he saw Eggman's robots. "But eh. This is usual thing we do." He said as he got ready to fight with everyone else. They had begun the battle agains the badniks as they knew the robots was from the one and the only Eggman. Shadow growled as they just begun their normal life. He had wished Eggman had stayed out of it but you all know he is persistent on destroying Sonic and building the Eggman Empire.

(I'm really trying to make it longer i swear but i hope this is long!)