Secret Finding

(Hey guys hope you all liked it so far. You all are probably wondering why Shadow didn't tell Sonic he was still in GUN. You'll find out in this chapter!)

Previous on Runaway Lovers, the team and GUN had  found out there were part of Scourge's DNA in Sonic making Sonic be anti hero like Scourge. Tails had gotten an idea for the cure and immediately started to work on the cure to return Sonic to normal with Sonic's DNA that Tails had kept in emergency. Tails said it might takes months to finish it. Shadow knew that he had to keep Sonic busy until the cure is done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonic's Pov

It's been one month since I freed Shadow from the prison. I been hearing Shadow talk on the phone when he thinks I wasn't looking everyday. I know he told me he stopped working for GUN but who is he talking to on the phone I wonder. I decided to walk to our bedroom where he usually talk on the bedroom when I'm usually out stealing or relaxing in the living room. I pressed my ear on the door to hear what he is saying so I remained silent hoping to know what's going on.

Shadow's Pov

I was on the phone with GUN telling them about what I know so far about the changes in Sonic. "It's sorta getting worse. He's frequently going out stealing now and starting to act more like Scourge. Rouge you need to tell Tails to hurry up with that cure!" I said as I heard Rouge yell. "Hun! Tails is working as much as he can! I'll help him and see if we can get it done sooner. for now just don't tell Sonic about this." Rouge said as she huffed and walked away. "But here's the plan, Shadow. You take Sonic out for stealing after we notify you the cure is done. Once you are out with Sonic, GUN soldiers will be in hiding if Sonic suspect anything out of ordinary. rest of us  will walk up and Tails will hide the cure. We'll act as if we will fight you and Sonic. Once Sonic is distracted, Tails will put the cure in him fast. Time will reveal if it worked or not." Knuckles said as Cream sighed. "I hope it will be over soon, Mister Knuckles." Cream said as she hugged her chao, Cheese. "Alright let me know if anything comes up. I gotta go." I said as I hanged up. i got up but Sonic noticed it and sneakily ran back to the living room. I opened the door and walked downstairs. "So, who was on the phone?" Sonic asked. "None of your business." I said. Sonic had notice the fingerless gloves I was wearing and walked to me. I got confused at first but Sonic grabbed my hand and took a closer look. It revealed to be fingerless GUN gloves. "Shads I thought you don't work for GUN anymore." He said as he crossed his arms. "Sonic I can explain.." I said as Sonic gave me a glance of 'Please explain'. I sighed as I looked at him. "I am undercover for GUN to see and find out how much progress you are...Scourge injected  bit of his DNA into you making you steal a lot. Sonic gasped as he growled. "SCOURGE!!!!" Sonic yelled angrily. "Don't worry. Espio is tracking him down as we speak. He will be arrested for doing that. Zonic had assisted Espio for that. Soon he will be locked up in No Zone cell. Tails and Rouge are working on the cure. They say it will be done in a month.....but we have the whole plan figure out thanks to that echidna." I explained. Sonic sighed relieved. "I knew what was wrong with me at the start but can't control it. That day Scourge injected in me.......he said something about I will be him soon. I didn't like it....I'll have to get everyone's trust in the city again...." Sonic sighed but knew he will fight Eggman again. "I get it. But for now. Let's focus on getting you normal." I said as I crossed my arms. "Fine.." Sonic said unamused. I sighed wondering how long will it take to find the cure. "Sonic...." I said as I walked to the couch. "Tell me, is there any hero left in you?" I asked as I looked at Sonic. "Like the size of a pea....." he asked. So there was hope to get Sonic to return to his normal self. If only I could get Eggman to attack, he will save them like it was muscle memory. "I see....what do you think of Doctor?" "Egghead is totally a worthy opponent. I admit he was persistent on destroying me. It's like my life that way you know." He said not knowing it was my idea to get him to talk. I knew it was his hero talking not the Scourge-Sonic talking. It was working after all. "Well, you do fight him everyday like it was your hobby or something." I said as I leaned back on the couch. "Your right, Shads. It was like my hobby. It's strange not fighting Egghead but it felt like something took control of me to stop that." He said as he thought of the action happened recently weeks ago.

(Hope it's long...and that