T W E N T Y - F O U R

Mulai dari awal

Rocco catches me watching him and smiles half-heartedly before plopping down on the couch and taking a long swig from his beer. Eyeing Beau leaning in close so a fan can whisper in his ear, her dainty hand resting on his neck, I reach for the bottle of tequila and pour myself a shot. Trying to ignore the way Beau grins at the group of women surrounding him, clad in ripped denim and worn leather, I focus on the fiery alcohol making its way down my throat, settling in my belly and swirling itself in alongside my jealousy.

Once the concert stuff is wrapped up for the evening, I decide to skip the after party and go out with Val instead. Walking down the sidewalk, the drizzle overhead dampens our hair, grey clouds visible even in the night sky. I take in the architecture around me, breathing in the damp air and wishing I could spend more time seeing the sights during the day.

"Whatcha thinking over there, Emma?" Val's dark ringlets drip into her foggy glasses.

I let out a deep sigh. "It's obvious right? I'm worried about Beau," I shake my head as we make our way into a pub, the warm air embracing us as we walk through the old wooden door.

Dimly lit and crowded, the pub is surprisingly welcoming with live music and a large selection of beers on tap. Val takes a stool at the bar and I plop in the one beside her. While we wait for the bartender to finish up with a loud group of guests at the other end, I continue. "All the destruction, the drinking... the flirting," I admit, scrunching my nose up at myself.

Val removes her coat and orders a couple of beers for us. "That's just Beau, though, right?" She shrugs, trying to be comforting. "It's not like this is a sudden change for him," Val chuckles and raises her brows like she knows all too well. "I mean, if it was, you wouldn't be here, right?" Biting my lip, I stay quiet, unsure how to respond. Because that isn't just Beau, at least not the one I know. I think of the charity concert and how focused he was on his music, of the time spent working in the studio well into the night...

No one knows just how serious Beau and I have gotten beyond our contract, and I try to remind myself of that - no one sees him the way I do.

But Val knew him before, so maybe she does know best. We drink quietly for a bit, the beer warming our insides as the live music raises our spirits. Finally, Val makes it to the dance floor and I laugh watching her dance with an elderly man, head thrown back in laughter as she confuses the steps. It's nice to see her like this, not shriveled up under Fiona's microscope.

"Another one, please," Val slams down some cash beside me, completely out of breath. The bartender obliges and she takes a large gulp of the dark ale, looking to me with glassy eyes. "Dance with me?"

I shake my head, not in the mood. "I think you should ask him instead, he's been eyeing you all night," I direct her attention to the far wall, where a young guy, blond and bearded, smiles in response.

Val turns back to me quickly, blushing bright red. "Oh my gosh, should I?"

With a little encouragement, Val saunters over to the the man and before I know it, they're on the dance floor. After a couple minutes of watching to ensure things go well, I turn and face the bar, taking my phone from my pocket. I might as well use this time to coordinate my travel, I groan inwardly. As the guys take a week long hiatus midway through the tour, I'm to fly out to LA for a shoot Oliver and Zara booked me for.

The ads and the show went perfectly, and according to my agents, garnered quite a bit of attention in the fashion world. Which is great - I remind myself how much closer I am to being able to afford school - but also exhausting.

Breaking me from my concentration, the bartender knocks a couple times on the glass bar top in front of me. "Anything else? We're about to close up,"