Chapter 3 - I fell for a stranger

Twirl's only friend Nessa had been spending the night with her boyfriend Derek. It was the reason she couldn't respond to Twirl's calls or messages. Nessa dropped Twirl at Tristan's house after their glorious girls' only vacation and believed Twirl would need just as much as time she needed with her boyfriend. 

After making all the love in the world possible, Derek woke up to his tummy roaring in hunger. Nessa was sleeping on him wearing nothing but skimpy underwear. Derek is 6 feet 2 inches and Nessa is a small woman so she could easily stretch out over him.  Nuzzling his lover Derek said, "Babe, I'm hungry. If you could move a bit I'll go and get something for us." Nessa stuttered, "Why do you always love food more than me?", having her eyes closed.
"Babe, you have been sleeping on me for the past 4 hours. I hate to say this, but..."
"Just let it out, Derek."
"Your weight is killing me.", whispered Derek. Nessa being the short fuse she is, jumped on her feet and bawled, "I'm not fat."
"You are not fat. Just fluffy.", said Derek in a childlike voice completely foreseeing his girlfriend's reaction.
"Look at me, babe.", he nudged at her.
"I'm still angry."
"I'll get you pizza and ice cream. As MUCH as you want."
"You say the right things, babe.", said Nessa excitedly to her lover placing a gentle kiss on him.

Nessa decided to check on the time which they had obviously lost track of, while Derek was keen on getting the pizza before their neighborhood place closed. Derek started to dress up as Nessa checked her phone and the only thing she kept saying was, "Oh $hit!" for the next 5 minutes. Derek tried to calm her down with his unbuttoned pants just so he could understand what was going on. Nessa panicked and explained hurriedly, "I'm such a bad friend. I left my friend stranded. I think she is in danger. Twirl has made 20 continuous calls and I didn't even pick one. What if she was kidnapped? Derek, I can't even be a good friend. I didn't even notice. Oh my God, she has even texted me 4 times.". Derek knew that their bond was special. He had been with them since high school. He knew Nessa would even give up her life for Twirl, just as he would for Nessa.

Derek pacified his girlfriend and asked her to read the messages before doing anything drastic. The first message said that Twirl had broken up with Tristan which made Nessa's entire body go hot in shock. She was exasperated and couldn't believe what she was reading. She took deep breaths and proceeded to read out the rest of the messages to Derek,
"He is like every other man. He doesn't LOVE me. He just wanted to use me for pleasure."
"I loved him so much, Ness! I don't think I can live without him."
"I'm gonna get wasted tonight. I just need to forget everything for once. Meet me at the bar."
"You are the only one I love. There's no one for me besides you."
After reading each message Nessa's frustration grew multiple folds. She almost yelled, "We must find her.", to Derek. Derek was equally frustrated not knowing what to do.

Nessa closed her eyes and sat in silence knowing her friend's love life had fallen apart. Derek suggested that Nessa should call Tristan to understand what happened between the two, as the messages clearly stated Twirl was getting drunk at the bar they usually visit. Nessa agreed to Derek as she didn't have a better plan.

Tristan had been sitting idle on his couch for the past 3 hours trying to reason himself out. He grieved for the biggest mistake he had ever made in his life. He cried to himself, "Please Twirl, Come to me. I never stopped loving you.". He worried how he was going to make Twirl understand of his grievous mistake and seek her forgiveness.  Twirl is a woman who believes words come from the heart. It was going to be an impossible task for him.

Tristan's phone rang as he kept staring at the door hoping Twirl would come any second to hug him out of his misery. He attended Nessa's call knowing she would pierce him with her words. His voice trembled as he uttered the word,
"H-Hello."
"What the hell did you do to her Tristan? When all she did was love you relentlessly."
Tristan didn't want to accept his fault. He had waited long enough and he still loved her.
"She has been my girlfriend for the past 4 years. I think I know what I am doing!", he said, faking his confidence.
"You have no idea, Tristan. You dumped her for sex! Don't you feel ashamed?".
Tristan felt every word of Nessa's inflict invisible wounds on him. He did break up with her but he felt humiliated to accept it. He couldn't contain himself, "I care about her, okay? And I regret dumping her.", he blurted in exasperation. Realizing he had to fix his life, he asked, "I really need to meet her. Please tell me where she is."
"Well, she's not with me. She's in the bar where we usually go."
"She blocked me from everything that's the reason I couldn't get back to her. I owe you, Ness.", he breathed. 
"Just don't break her heart again. She doesn't have anyone to love besides you, me and Derek. You know her dreadful past. You know how much she loves you. All she wants is love from us, Tristan. We need to assure her that she's not alone and she's being loved.", Nessa lectured in a calm voice to ensure Tristan understands his value in Twirl's life.
"I'm so sorry. I'm going to find my girl. She's MINE and I'm not going to let her out of my sight FOREVER.", Tristan assured Nessa. He hung up the call knowing it was time to meet Twirl.