Chapter 1 - For the first time

It was 6 pm on a Friday night, she was standing alone in a bar with music and people bustling around her. All she wanted to do was vanish! Vanish into thin air. She didn't want anyone close to her. Twirl was burning with hatred. Not for anyone but herself. She wanted to put out the flame raging inside her but it seemed to go ablaze with every shot she gulped recklessly.  She kept drinking as much as she could to shake off her feelings, but she failed. Every little pessimistic thought inside her head went off like a ticking bomb. Twirl's mind screamed, "All he wanted was sex and not me!", while her heart was trying to convince, "Maybe there was a time when he loved me for more than my body. ".

    Twirl tried to remember how good life had been before it all came crashing down. She had just returned from her stellar vacation, earlier than intended, just so she could be with him sooner. She defined her happiness with his presence and sadness with his absence, but now everything had changed. Some might even call her desperate cause he was the only source of her happiness. If it wasn't their relationship, she would have ended her worthless life. Amidst any chaos, his name had enough power to make her smile from ear to ear. Tristan, the same name will now turn this drunk woman into a mindless monster.

While Twirl was self-absorbed in her own distress, she didn't notice a well suited up guy announce, "Free shots to everyone!". She let her mind run over the incidents once again, for the 100th time to accept it was all her fault and none on Tristan. She had gone to meet him. Dressed all pretty, only for him. She was wearing the black jacket he had gifted and paired it with a blue tank top and denim shorts, pulling her hair up to a ponytail just the way Tristan always wanted. Twirl had a set of keys to his apartment which made her entry easy. Before opening his room's door she heard Tristan say, "I will do her today! Just watch! I'm no less of a man!". Neglecting the first red sign she entered his home.

Seeing Tristan after a long week made her realize how much she had missed him. She larked, "Hi, Love." in sheer excitement that left Tristan startled. Tristan looked at her with the same excitement but his looks seemed entirely different to Twirl. His eyes glowed of some sort making Twirl feel uncomfortable and sensitive. She found Tristan's gaze rake across her warm body making her grow more uncomfortable with each passing second. Tristan looked as if he had been hungrily waiting to savor her while she was torn between excitement and fear.

Tristan closed the gap between them and took Twirl into his arms and began to kiss her. But these weren't like the sweet, supple ones they usually shared. Twirl felt as if she was being devoured. In between the kisses, he managed to get out the words,

"I'm not getting enough of you, Twirl! "

Confused Twirl let him kiss her all the ways he wanted to, while her mind started to ponder over his words. The pressure on her lips turned gruesome making her eyes shed soft trickles of tears from the pain. Tristan held her face tight as he continued to kiss her even after feeling the droplet of her tears on his hand. Twirl felt as if she was being punished for leaving him alone for a week.

Things took a sharp turn as Tristan hurriedly removed her coat and began to kiss her even harder. Tristan's hands started to explore Twirl's curves leaving her in agony. Her mind screamed, "Why is he undressing me, I don't want this!". She knew this wasn't the Tristan she had loved and longed for, the one who does things against her will and wish. Twirl pushed him away with every ounce of strength she possessed in her fragile body.

Tristan felt battered, fumingly he asked, "What's wrong?".

Without a hinge of hesitation, Twirl replied, "I told you I'm not ready for this.", in a flat voice.

"You are 22. Not a kid. When are you planning to do this if not now?", he yelled at her angrily.

"You don't care about me or my feelings. All you want is sex. We have talked about this a million times and I am telling you I'm not ready yet.", said Twirl in a feeble voice, almost on the verge of breaking down.